!MELBOURNE! *WANTED* Experienced LED lighting hobbyist or professional.

hugoatkins

New elf
Hello Auschristmaslighting,

My name is Hugo Atkins I am an artist and designer from Melbourne, Australia. I am absolutely fascinated by LED lighting technology and I have recently purchased a pretty large quaintly of LED lighting equipment from China.

After dumping myself in the deep end I have now realised I am in over my head. Reading over this forum has been an invaluable resource in helping me to understand the products I have purchased, with little or no comprehendible help from the supplier.

So to cut this story short I am looking for somebody who is a bit of a hobbyist and or expert with the technology. Living in Melbourne who would be interested in helping me in person get a firmer grip on the technology as well as possibly work with me on my current project.

I hope fit a large LED rig to the roof of a room in the CBD to be controlled with Madrix as well as other LED lighting around the room to create a Blade Runner style environment.

I have a budget for this job and would be willing to discuss payment for your greatly appreciated expertise and knowledge. Also would be helpful if familiar with EL wire as I plan to use this also.

All the best,

Hugo

hugoatkins@gmail.com
0422 440 741

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Some more details on what you actually have bought may help as this could even be worked out through the chat room if its something we are familiar with

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Hi,

I don't know what exactly you are trying to do but I would be happy to talk to you about how to do it. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you based? We (my dad and I) are in Kew, I'm sure we could arrange a time to meet up and figure something out. I have a limited understanding (and no experience) with EL wire, but I'm happy to help you come to grips with LEDs and see how to get them working for you.

PM me to arrange a time to meet - after work hours is usually easiest, though I am usually also around on Sundays.

Tess.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Hugo

I have no experience with EL wire but do know my way around pixels what suburb are you and the job in?

hugoatkins

New elf
[SIZE=small]Hello Guys,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Firstly I would like to say thank you for all the support I have already received from various Members.[/SIZE]

In response to the questions about the gear I have purchased I have attached a copy of the invoice detailing what I have as well as a picture of the controllers and decoders. I have very little understanding of how this stuff is used. It is likely that these controllers are perhaps not the best for my usage.

2dj9jd3.png

2j0dmy0.jpg

351vfyq.jpg

To further respond to questions about what it is I hope to achieve I will elaborate.
I have a celling surface area of around 130m2, which I hope to cover with around 3000 full colour RGB pixels. As well as a wall, which I hope to have, around 25 RGB LED Tubes or Guard Rails installed.