Merry Christmas from AusChristmasLighting for 2022

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Well here we are just hours away from celebrating Christmas 2022. Where did THAT year go?!

I don’t know about you but I’m a bit of a fact nerd so here’s a handful for you about our little corner of the web:

Since 1 Jan 2022 to 20 Dec 2022:
New threads: 704
New user registrations: 1605
New media items: 104
Display videos submitted for 2022 season so far: 83 (since 1 October)
Our busiest day this year in terms of logged in members was 5 December.

Phew, we have been a busy bunch at AusChristmasLighting! I want to give a huge shoutout to @ryanschristmaslights for his efforts as always behind the scenes keeping the wheels turning on the ACL site. He’s always trying to improve the user experience for the better with more still to come (fans of dark mode style browsing may be happy soon 😉) Thanks also to all the other mods for keeping the site safe from pesky spammers and naughty elves all year.

Speaking of running the site, if you feel you have found the site’s forums helpful or got some direct assistance in the chatroom(s), have you considered a small donation to AusChristmasLighting? These contributions helps offset the associated costs of hosting the site, and pays for updates to core forum software and applicable extensions. Plus, you’ll get a shiny Generous Elf badge for your profile – wear it with pride!

I hope that everyone has been able to get some type of blinky up and running for this season. Personally I was close to pulling the pin as it has been a crazy busy last couple of months for Evans Central residents, but I managed to get ¾ of the display up without audio. It still hasn’t stopped a slow stream of oohs, ahhs and wows emanating from the front yard, and that’s what it’s about. Even if you decided to stay dark this year, I speak from experience that it is good to have a rest and enjoy all the displays around you (and build an ever growing list of ideas to stea.. get inspired by!)

So on behalf of all the Mods & Admins of AusChristmasLighting, we’d like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope that you stay safe and healthy whilst enjoying the festive season wherever you are across the globe, and look forward to sharing our hobby with each other in the new year for 2023.

Hugs, DJ (Graham)