Meteor Rods concept - Pixicles

Nodent

Apprentice elf
Hello,
I would like to build meteor rods with only 1 - 4 pin connector per rod.
I have drawn up a wiring theory. What do you think.

Meteor_Rods.png

Habbosrus

Back again
That's exactly how I did mine and they work great. I have joined them with 3 core pigtails. I asked Ray if he could make these 3 Core Splitter/4 Core middle and he did so but only after I'd already made my pixicles. The idea I had was to wire as you have and connect to a 4 core pigtail. I could then connect to the splitter I have linked.
163238.jpg

Nodent

Apprentice elf
That connector is perfect.

So Ray is versatile I take it?
Will Ray create, say a 50 foot long line with 10 tee's incorporated in it?

Shannon

arw01

Full time elf
Would be interested in those pigtails too, but make sure Ray tests them and then you retest them. I got an order with 10 2 wire T's, one literally melted and 8 of the remaining 10 are defective, so 90% failure rate! Still need to email ray about that!

Habbosrus

Back again
arw01 said:
Would be interested in those pigtails too, but make sure Ray tests them and then you retest them. I got an order with 10 2 wire T's, one literally melted and 8 of the remaining 10 are defective, so 90% failure rate! Still need to email ray about that!
Wow! I've been very lucky then. I got 30 x 3 core T type splitters, 100 x 3 core pigtails, 100 x 2 core pigtails, 30 x 2 core T type splitters and I've only had 1 failure so far and I think that was my fault. I think the 3 core/4 core middle will have a bunch of uses. One of which will be ease of connecting pixicles/meteors. Time to start planning for 2015 :D

Nodent

Apprentice elf
Ray indicated he can make me 15m cable with 10 tee in it for $18 USD.

I think I will order 4.

But first I will use rope to make sure a 1.5m spacing will do the justice.

arw01

Full time elf
I've had decent luck with the 3 wire and the 4 wire as well, only a couple failures out of 10, all my 4 wire the molding has gaps in it though.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
so in making these i take it it is just like any string you need only to add another data line if going over 50 or so pixels

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I just had Ray make up 30 of these. Each one is 1M long and includes 5 x 4 core connects so a total of 150 with each one being 20cm apart. I am going to use the 30/m RGB ribbon cable.

He made them up within a week and expected delivery is tomorrow. only cost $150.

Attachments

• T Splitter Drawing.jpg
    T Splitter Drawing.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 99

lizardking

gnarmstr said:
I just had Ray make up 30 of these. Each one is 1M long and includes 5 x 4 core connects so a total of 150 with each one being 20cm apart. I am going to use the 30/m RGB ribbon cable.

He made them up within a week and expected delivery is tomorrow. only cost $150.

so you got 30 m of connectors for $150

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
lizardking(adam) said:
gnarmstr said:

so you got 30 m of connectors for $150

EDIT
Sorry made a mistake it's $180 as they were $6 each and not $5. Worked out cheaper then the one Ray has as it uses less joiners. Is that not a good price?

lizardking

well 150 joiners for $150 so $1 each lol all joined together is cheap i was looking at how i would do the same sort of thing but not worth my time to do it for that price

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
lizardking(adam) said:
well 150 joiners for $150 so $1 each lol all joined together is cheap i was looking at how i would do the same sort of thing but not worth my time to do it for that price

I just checked Aliexpress and I was right the first time $150. I'm having a bad night.

Yes it's not worth your time and its a much better job.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
lizardking(adam) said:

It's actually 150 going down and 60 to join them all so 210 in total.