Mini future (2011) project using the PLC6 RGB LEDs

Vairmoose

One blink a day keeps the blahs away.
I'm attempting to create something that requires several small segments (4-5 LEDs each) to be strung together in parallel but be individually controllable. Vcc should be 5v DC with 24v DC flowing into the RGB connecrtion. I've not identified all the components yet... or worked out the "controller" .. but the miniboard (about 1" x 2" ... 25mm x 50 mm) would look something like the attached. (sorry for the bad pic but it was created in Powerpoint. When I'm done I would need about 55 of these boards so I'm attempting to keep the cost reasonable and "planning" for SMD on components. The only exception so far would be the jumper. I still need to pin down the specific chips to use but one mini-step at a time.

The "master" controller needs to be able to control both 24v out (3 channels) and 5v out (about 13 channels) -- total of 16 channels.... In many ways it would "look" similar to controllers that are available to today.... one other small difference.... it has to provide the means to use, store and update 2 unrelated DMX addresses... (I expect to use 4, 5 or 6 of these controllers).

Hopefully this will make more sense as the effort gets defined and the experts chime in to keep me away from magic smoke . :D

Larry

Attachments

• draft board.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 48

rrowan

New elf
So what u are saying

You are aiming for a Magic Moose Board

but could end up with

a Magic Moose Smoke

:D :D :D

Just be careful of Smokey

Cheers

Rick R.

KeithTarpley

New elf
Greetings,,,

Well, you did give away a bit of what you're up to in the pic. For hardware's simplicity, I'd be tempted to do it in multiple channels, but I give you credit for making a specific controller for it, as you want to do. Much simpler sequencing then. Will enjoy watching the progress on this one.

Keith

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Larry,

One note with DC, you use mosfets rather than triac's/scr's. I'll pull up all your previous emails and go over this again tonight, it hasn't yet clicked into place exactly how to acheive this but CCR type command set is coming to mind.

Cheers
Phil