Model Groups

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Did I miss this in the tutorials or is this future release...I've created model groups, but there is no way to add those groups to the sequencer as of yet, is that correct? Thank you gentlemen...My wife has become a Christmas light widow even earlier this year!

Gilrock

Full time elf
Did you watch my model group video yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3rzYZgT_4

My normal technique is to create a whole house model (WHM) for every model group and name it the same. I had suggested we just consider a model group a display element but the others said that a WHM is not really associated with the models you created it from. It's more like snapping a photo of your preview layout. So you can rearrange the same 10 models 12 ways and take 12 photos if you get the analogy. The thing that confuses people is the name whole house model since a lot of folks don't realize it can be used for much more than the entire house. We should re-title it something that means "Snapshot current preview into a display element".

dpitts

Apprentice elf
I agree with the renaming. I brought this up to Sean some time ago. Let's rename button. "Make model from preview"