Models and Preview - Gone?

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Does anyone know if you can recover your models, if you happen to change the destination for your show folder? I did this last night, and it appeared all that fun stuff was wiped out...I reset the show folder to the original destination, and my models were gone...all the sequence info, media files, etc... were there, but all the work I had done on the models for my preview, were poof...gone. :( I have since re created a lot of it, but now it becomes more of a curiousity thing.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Have you being doing "File,Backup" on a regular basis. This one second command will back up your models, effects, sequences, network setups.

If you have , go to the original show directory and look under the Backup directory.

Is the original directory empty. You dont have xlights_rgbeffects.xml?

where ever your show directory is , you can also copy all the xml and media files to make a backup to a flash drive.
You do not need xseq, fseq files.

thevikester

Apprentice elf
That would be a big No Sean....on the File.Backup I was presuming the Save function was sufficient...

smeighan

Dedicated elf
thevikester said:
That would be a big No Sean....on the File.Backup I was presuming the Save function was sufficient...

When in LOR, save makes/updates your lms file. if that file is lost, you have no backups.

in xlights save creates/updates your sequence.xml and your sequence.xseq. "File,Backup" will make additional copies of all your xml files into a different location.

if your original xlights_rgbeffects.xml file is gone, you have no choice but to recreate your models.

sorry
sean

thevikester

Apprentice elf
No apologies necessary....this was my own screw up...just wanted to make sure I don't do it again!