More help required.

Baf05

Full time elf
The steep learning curve that is RGB lighting continues, and frankly I am really struggling...

I have a few issues.

I have figured that my lights are 2811, on the board is the number FGZ2811 - V2.0.

there is also in for for 5V in DI and GND.

I have attached the lights to my P12R, I have done tests from the board and the lights are working correctly.

I have played with the baud rates in the string config, and found that too fast I get all white lights and two slow the same thing happens. So I have the rate set at 2200.

I have set the universe correctly and have followed the video to the letter. I am pretty confident that all that is correct, because when I use the test hardware in LSP I can change pixel one to red green or blue, using the sliders.

I have created a very basic test sequence that should see half the lights go from red to blue, and the other half ramp on and of in different colours. The sequence runs for about 15 seconds.

When I press play, nothing happens, the output is set to play, and all the setting seem to be right....

I have done all sorts of things to try and get this to work, but my limited knowledge seems me at my wits end, with nothing else to try.

As I said I have done a few things and discovered some things that may help someone diagnose my issue.

First, no matter what baud speed I use, pixel 24, 25 and 26 are always green. 24 always bright, 26 always dull and 25, goes from dull to bright constantly.

Second, On LSP hardware test, it goes channel 1, 4, 7, 9, 10, 10, 11, 12. Physically that corresponds to pixel 1, 2, 3, 9, 4, 10, 11, 12.

In the J1Sys Effects config, I have #12A checked as active, #B #C #D are left unchecked, the start pixel is set as 1, and the number of physical pixels is set at 49 (I had to cut the first one of as I think I stuffed it) reverse is left unchecked and null and repeat is left at zero. Also the RGB is left as RGB.

I hope that is enough information to help someone understand my problem, I have no intention of giving up, but I never in my wildest dreams thought this was going to be this hard!

harrison0550

Full time elf
Part of your issue is having anything checked in the affects config. You only need to check active in the affects config if you are reversing the string, inserting null pixels or changing from RGB to BGR etc. Try clearing it out and putting your string settings in the string config only..........

ecgp12.PNG
affects%20config.PNG

harrison0550

Full time elf
Alright, hmmmmmmm. Also insure you have right clicked on the controller in LSP and select "configure controller output plugin" then........

lsp15.PNG
lsp14.PNG

Baf05

Full time elf
well, then, seems I am a dumb ass, I had the size wrong.... grrrrr.

Thats fixed the physical address problems, thank you very much. Its always the simple things, I have been doing that wrong each time. :(
At least I am getting closer....

Still no output of my sequence?

harrison0550

Full time elf
Unfortunately I havent had time yet to hook up lights and output with LSP so I'm not 100% sure what the procedure is and what hate to tell you wrong since I have yet to physically do it. I just know how to set it up to output.

Maybe Eddy can pick it up from here and chime in on whats next in better detail. :'(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you turned the output tab on to get the output to function (located on the ribbon to the right of the play tab)

Also do you have a timing mark before you have started any effects, if you put an effect on first thing in the sequence without a initial timing mark then LSP wont output.

kane

Dedicated elf
So you can still use the Test Controller Hardware area to manually turn the channels on and off - that would mean that LSP is able to talk to the controller okay..

One thing to always do in the LSP sequencer, is to right-click in the audio spectrum area at the top of the page, choose and choose "Maintenance Tools", and then "Optimise Entire Sequence" - fixes some of the issues with output not working.

If you load up the P12R web interface, one of the status pages shows you number of packets received - if you keep refreshing the page, you should see these numbers go up while data is being received on the universes the P12 is configured against.. Perhaps do this in the two scenarios - firstly when using the LSP Test Controller Hardware area, and secondly while playing the sequence.

Also, do a double check that Output is enabled in the sequencer - this setting defaults to "off" when you load up a new sequence.

Baf05

Full time elf
Thanks guys, got it to out put.

Now to add the DC48....

And to learn how to make pretty patterns.

I cant thank you guys enough for you help :)

harrison0550

Full time elf
Ok Baf I just set up mine real quick and outputted with it for the first time to actual lights. Couple things I had to do. Once the controller is configured you also need to go to options, configure outputs, dmx e1.31 output and click on configure............
lsp16.PNG

Like Eddy said make sure you have a timing mark before an affect in the grid. Now click on the playback tab and click on the "lightbulb" output to enable output to the controller. This should turn the lightbulb yellow. If you get an error here you need to sort out what that error is. For example I got an error because I had LOR controllers configured in the grid but now LOR controllers configured in the output settings. Should look like this when you got it right.................
lsp17.PNG

Hit play and you should be good to go.

Baf05

Full time elf
thanks Andy, I have my first string outputting now, thanks for you help today.

I think I can work the P12R now, so I have learned.

I now need to get out put to the DC48,

As I have said before this is quite a high and low game, this morning I was at a real low, as I could not work things out, this arvo, I am on a high as I have seen my lights working for the first time.

I really can't wait to see what I can come up with now that I am getting somewhere.

I also need to find a song to sequence, must do that ;)

harrison0550

Full time elf
Best of luck to you. It really is an awesome feeling when everything starts working the way it should and you see the lights blinking away. ;)