more pixels needed!!

Beefer

Apprentice elf
Hey guys - I've been away from the scene for a bit, and it seems my E682's Sandevice controllers haven't really advanced at all - there have been no firmware upgrades for years now so they are limited in the number of universes/pixels they can support... I need way more than the 1000 or so that I can use with these Sandevice controllers.

What are some suggestions for higher universe/pixel support controllers?

many thanks,
Adam

Beefer

Apprentice elf
wow, those specs are VERY impressive!

Done deal mate, thanks :)

Beefer

Apprentice elf
yeah, just noticed I may have issues getting the Falcon from the US - hence all the discussions about bulk-buys.

Much prefer a local supplier - plus the specs are also pretty damned good too!

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Hey yes not want to be prejudice but reckon the f16v2 is awesome first controller ever owned out of box connected to e131 and running in under an hour lights blinking plus like the dmx outputs saves running bridges etc

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
No definetly not can run from pc etc but I use the raspberry pies as reasonably inexpensive and another extremely cool gadget

Beefer

Apprentice elf
yeah, will probably stick to LOR as I'm familiar with it on PC

Beefer

Apprentice elf

Skunberg

Full time elf
Oh .... sorry, I thought ver.5 was on the website now. Originally it was beta released and recently released. I thought it was on his website too.

Wolfie

Full time elf
And if you are still exploring the option of getting an F16v2, check out the latest firmware update David put in the beta 1.11b002.

You can drive 4 channels out the RJ45 jack(s) up to 250' away and put a differential receiver out there. You can use either David's receiver board or you can pick up Max485 boards (meant for arduino) off ebay (US) for 50cents each so for $2 you can have a 4 channel receiver board and run all 4 channels through one cat5.

I did a video test using the bay boards and posted the results here:
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?43783-F16V2-F16V2R-driving-4-port-receiver-directly-without-expansion-board

Honestly, I didn't get to loving my E682 and I never set it out. I bought 2 F16's and won a 3rd at the Christmas Expo in Chicago. They will replace the 2 J1Sys P12's (which I like FAR better than the 682 even as old as they are). I can run my whole show off one F16. But I plan to put 2 out just for convenience of separating the house elements from the yard elements IP wise. My props are fairly meager, just over 2600 pixels (7800 channels). That doesn't even make one F16 warm up. But its about double what I had last year. And I can't foresee not adding more next year.

Try the new 682 firmware. Doesn't cost anything to test it. If you still think you need more of a controller, you really can't go better than the F16.