Mounting Coro to a tiled roof

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Just a quick post about the angled brackets I made this weekend. This is not my design so shout out to @Benslights who was the main inspiration.
Just using some 20mm wide x 3mm thick aluminium flat bar (cheaper in 3m vs 1m lengths from Bunnings)
For my 15" Chromastars, I cut the bar down to 430mm lengths, and applied a bend at 280mm. This gives it just enough height tio clear the base of the star, and leaves 150mm to slide under the roof tile.
View media item 1076
I drilled 2x holes to use 3/16" 18mm mushroom head bolts (4mm x 18mm would also work) to attach to the coro. These were at 10mm and 120mm from the top of the bar. I then drilled a larger hole using a step bit so that the bottom pixel can pass through. This was located at 155mm from the top.
View media item 1077
Then it's just a case of passing through the bottom node to hold the bar in place, then mark on the back of the coro where the holes are and drill the coro to then secure with the bolts.
View media item 1079
Then just poke the bottom under your roof tile - job done!
You may want to experiment with the angle of your bend to counteract the pitch/angle of your roof, and what angle you want the coro to face. Mine angle very slightly down towards the ground, and I'm comfortable with that given the main viewing area is below the roofline anyway.
(pic shows test before I added 2nd bolt hole)
View media item 1078

Renzo1975

New elf
This post has been a lifesaver too... So clean and simple to understand... Perfect for my snowflakes now... Thank you so much :)