Mounting dumb RGB lights on wireframes

jeffl

New elf
I'm considering getting some dumb RGB lights and zip tying them to some wireframes, both deer and some silhouette trees. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on how you think it might look?

The only thing that concerns me besides painting the strings white is the head on the RGB nodes is a different shape.

Your thoughts?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf

Slite

Full time elf
djgra79 said:
Slite said:
I would use the "square" nodes on wireframes, since I imagine they are easier to tiewrap to the frames.

These are the ones I am talking about: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC5V-input-Square-type12mm-led-string-light-RGB-color-50pcs-a-string/701799_605976057.html

I was thinking of doing a similar thing. Would the above lights need further water/weather proofing (claim to be IP66.) Being 5v, do these require a certain PSU &/or controller to run them?

I just used that link as an example for the model of node :) They are available in 12volt version as well I'm certain. I use 5 volt dumb rgb nodes for my minitrees and those are controlled by a Renard 48 LSD in cohort with the RGB Breakout boards, 4 minitrees per 12 channels, so a total of up to 12 minitrees on one controller.