Mounting RGB Bullet Pixels to Roof Ridge Line/Peaks

TrainNut844

New elf
Hi All,

I was wondering how you guys mount your Bullet Pixels to your Roof Ridge Line/Peaks?
OR
Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to mount them?

I have a tiled roof to put this in context.
I would like them to be seen from side and front on.

If you need extra information just ask for it.

Thanks TrainNut844

abundy

Full time elf
HI TN844.
Here is how I mounted my house outline lights to my tile roof.
I used 2811 strip mounted into some milky white silicone tube, and not bullet nodes.
The items used were the make a brackets available from Bunnings. You need to use 5 holes worth on this bracket.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/carinya-20-x-200-x-1mm-flat-make-a-bracket_p3975816
20mm electrical conduit
20mm conduit clips
screws/nuts/lock washers
Silicone.
Lights and crap loads of cable ties.

Bend the bracket into a U shape, with 2holes/1hole/2holes
Assemble with a clip and the screws/nut/washer.
I slide the non clip side under a tile and once lined up with the other clips silicon it to the tile.
Once the lights have been cable tied to the 20mm conduit, just clip in and connect up...

IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1888.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_2016.JPG

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I use strip with some 3mm corflute over the top ziptied to 20mm conduit. I then ziptie the conduit to ziptie mounts that have been siliconed to the roof tiles.
View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a86ygba2p6o0040/strip%20mount.JPG?dl=0

BallaratLights

New elf
Hi All,

I was wondering how you guys mount your Bullet Pixels to your Roof Ridge Line/Peaks?
OR
Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to mount them?

I have a tiled roof to put this in context.
I would like them to be seen from side and front on.

If you need extra information just ask for it.

Thanks TrainNut844
I am just converting from rope lights / string lights to pixel strip or nodes and so will have same problem. I am thinking of rectangular cable Trunking with clip on lid. (4m? length $12.90 Bunnings) Nodes would be pressed into drilled hole so they were on top and visible . cable protected in duct but accessible. Drilling holes would be a pain. Probably cut in half to make storage easier.

Robbo

Full time elf
I am just converting from rope lights / string lights to pixel strip or nodes and so will have same problem. I am thinking of rectangular cable Trunking with clip on lid. (4m? length $12.90 Bunnings) Nodes would be pressed into drilled hole so they were on top and visible . cable protected in duct but accessible. Drilling holes would be a pain. Probably cut in half to make storage easier.

I literally just had the same thought, but using a jig to drill the holes for mounting the pixels, however looking at the specs it's indoor use YES outdoor use NO, so tipping there may be some UV issues? or is it the IP rating making it unsuitable for outdoor use?

BallaratLights

New elf
I literally just had the same thought, but using a jig to drill the holes for mounting the pixels, however looking at the specs it's indoor use YES outdoor use NO, so tipping there may be some UV issues? or is it the IP rating making it unsuitable for outdoor use?
Have not looked st the specs in detail but UV may be an issue long term,. I am converting to pixel strip with IP 65 rating plus extra silicone at ends. Mechanical support provided by "Suntuff clear polycarbonate H joiner" (Bunnings $17 per 3m) Pixel strip fits inside and shines through while control wires fit in other side of H. Still in build stage of 4 x 1m and 4 x 2.4 m fittings. After those will be some longer runs. How to join???

deaddingo

New elf
Hi abundy
Sorry for raising this thread from the dead, but I have been trying to figure out how to do this for next year (yes I am already planning the xmas lights for 2020). How did you do the strips at the corners? Did you have to inject power to the strips along the way and if so, did you just run the power through the tubing?

WHere did you get the milky silicone tubing from?

Any tips for walking on the roof tiles (Not tried that yet).

roo

Full time elf
Is there a way to not use silcon? My roof is freshly painted tile roof and I would get shot if I start putting globs of silcon on it. Is there a clip which would go right over the top of ridge line?

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I just use some stiff wire (buy a roll from bunnings) Just bend it and poke it under the tile on one side then the wire goes over the ridge and poked into a tile on the other side. Then just cable tie the lights to the wire. Simple, easy and extremely cheap. I end up just leaving the wire there all year as I can’t even notice it from the ground. I have done the same for colourbond roof as well.