Moving Head enclosure possible bulk buy

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi All.

Just putting it out there, Tom Betgeorge from Magical Light Shows (you know the Star Wars sequence with the huge moving heads on the roof?) has peaked my interest on a recent Facebook post about moving heads and protective covers.
Here's a link to their website https://magicallightshows.com/collections/products
and the USD$149 cover I think is OK value, based on some recent research. I asked him the question if a bunch of us Aussies were interested in a bulk buy, could he do better on the price. His response: " sure thing. Please let me know how many you need and I'll do my best!"

So, who would be interested in possibly buying some of these and if so how many?

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Reserved for list of potential buyers

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
in lieu of anything else available anywhere near that price; put me down for 2.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
One of the alibaba suppliers got back to me:
"The voltage is 240AC for Australia
Yes, use PayPal to payment is ok.
If you need 10 pcs, we'll give the discount price is 59USD/pcs, shipping is 290 USD, and about total weight is 50kg.
So the total price is; 10x59+290=880USD.
How about your idea?"

Thoughts??
This would be shipping to one address, so add on interstate postage on top of this...

darylc

404 darylc not found
try the other guy, see if his shipping is less

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
2nd vendor:
"it's $59/pc if you order 10pcs.
Shipping cost for 10pcs to Australia is 260USD by courier, about 4 to 5 days, door to door service.
Total for 10pcs is $59x10+$260=850USD"

USD$30 cheaper overall then first vendor, but this is AUD$1067, so no doubt will be taxed and/or held up?

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Do they come with the air pump?
Yes, hence why they are 240VAC (although I'm sure they could be "hecked" at a DC level...)

Interested as well, just depends on price.
As per above, the cheapest we could get is USD$850 for 10 shipped to VIC. Then additional postage to anyone else from here.
It works out to be around AUD$105-110 each to get to my place if that helps.
Of course for you I'd chuck in free delivery :)

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
If anyone would like to know what lights were used in his show I asked. Here is his response.

"Hello, I was just wondering what type of moving head lights you use in your display?" -- Me

"Sorry for the long delay. I just saw this message. I recommend Clay Paky Sharpys, although I know they are quite expensive!" -- Magical Light Shows

I want to incorporate moving head lights as I think it would be a good way to attrack spectators to come up the side street so there are more than just my neighbours that can watch.

I will be interested If I can find a cheapish 100+watt moving head.