Multiple LED screens with multiple colorlight cards

Qantarus

Year 3 - still keeping it simple
Hey guys

I have set up and configured in colorlight 2 separate LED screens (3 x 4 and 3 x 1).

Just wondering how you go about setting that up with FPP?

I started off with xlights scheduler and the colorlight plugin but having issues with it holding colour settings (keeps resetting the panel type to RGB from GBR - if i rerender and resave it works for a while then drops the setting again) and also not activating the bottom 16 rows of LED's (works fine in the plugin test mode). Same channel settings in FPP works fine.

Any insight to get it working in either would be most appreciated :D

Jay

Qantarus

Year 3 - still keeping it simple
Have managed to resolve this in a roundabout way thanks to a suggestion over on the falcon Christmas boards.

It was all thanks to an idea to use sub models!

In the end I gave up trying to run 2 colorlight cards and ended up running both lots of panels through 1 controller.

I then added the matrix model I to xlights at the full size (5 x 3) and sub modeled both matrices from that.

I did have an issue trying to use singing faces on the sub model but managed to get around that by creating another matrix model using the same channels as the sub model and setting it as a shadow of the full size matrix. I then had to copy all effects from the sub model to the shadow model and delete the effects from the sub model.

Now working sweet as in FPP - still had issues with xschedule so have gone pure FPP now.

Now to get the rest of the show setup - hopefully the hard part is done!