Multiple P2 Controllers

Callaidyn

New elf
We have added an additional P2 controller this year (Ethernet cable from computer to router and Ethernet cables from router to two controllers). We use LOR for sequencing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to set up two controllers correctly (including IP addresses, etc.)? Do I have to have the second controller set up as universes 9 - 16 on LOR and how do I set up the J1Sys string configs, etc. for the second controller?

Had no issues with setting up one controller last year but just need to know the additional ins and outs of setting up the second controller.

Thanks,
Callaidyn

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You pretty much have it. Depending on your universe requirements you could well set it as universes 9-16. As the P2 comes with a default IP of 10.10.10.10 you will need to have only 1 plugged in at a time until you change the 2nd 1 to an IP of something like 10.10.10.11 . As soon as you have made that change, saved it and rebooted the P2 you will then log onto it with 10.10.10.11 and the original with 10.10.10.10 . It's then just a matter of pretty much just copying over all the settings. In your sequencer if you are using unicast you will need to have universes 9-16 pointing at 10.10.10.11.

Callaidyn

New elf
Thanks Al - knew I could count on you. I have set up the controllers so now that I have done that, do I just go into LOR Advanced Network Settings and set up Universes 1 - 8 with the first controller IP Address (e.g. 10.10.10.8) and Universes 9 - 16 with the second controller IP Address (e.g. 10.10.10.9)? Do I have to worry about the Port ID after I've entered the IP Address or is this just an automatic default?

Thanks heaps!!