Multiple Projectors on a display, playing different videos?

jamesssydney

New elf
Afternoon all,

I have an existing projector connected to my show. I'm looking to add second projector but want to run a separate video to the one first? Both videos will be synced to the same audio and I'm hoping to run both videos at once. I'm running my show from X scheduler on a windows PC- Windows 10 Pro

Cheers

James

darylc

404 darylc not found
yeah just plug the projectors into different monitor ports in your computer and drag the virtual matrix over there?

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
Its pretty easy using FPP and mp4 files as you just have different videos with the same name on different PI's, unsure on windows as MP4's files as they can't have the same name. Would have to do as darylc says and use them as virtual matrix

jamesssydney

New elf
yeah just plug the projectors into different monitor ports in your computer and drag the virtual matrix over there?
Hi Darylc do I need an FFP to do this, or can I simply plug directly from my desktop?

jamesssydney

New elf
@darylc sorry for further clarification I already have one data projector setup in Xschedule. The video file is loaded along with the sequence. The bit I need assistance with is setting a second projector which will share the same sequence but run a different video. If this need to a be a virtual matrix no problems but how do I set this up in Xschedule? O

darylc

404 darylc not found
Sorry @jamesssydney I don't know how to do it, I just know it can be done. I haven't used xschedule in 5+ years. Try the zoom room when there are lots of people on, maybe Saturday mornings.

jamesssydney

New elf
Thanks @darylc
I've managed to set up a VM in Xschedule with a size of width 192 x 108, but when I play the sequence via Xschedulr only top 1/10 of the butterfly effect is showing. I've attached a screen shot of Xschedule, the xlights set up and the VM matrix

Attachments

• ACTUAL SCREEN.JPG
    ACTUAL SCREEN.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 4
  • VM SCREEN SHOT.JPG
    VM SCREEN SHOT.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • XLIGHTS SETUP.JPG
    XLIGHTS SETUP.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 4