My 2012 Inaugural Flash Fest

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
OK Heres a list of all the things I hope to acheive this year in turning my now static display into something that goes blinky flashy to doof doof!

Actually now that I've listed it all down I'm glad I've got 12 Months to do it! :D
Hang on.... make that 10 months :eek:

Additional elements I need to build/source

Project 1: 3 x RGB Dancing Arches

Progress: Waiting on delivery of strip Strip now on deck, some cutting and soldering has begun Complete

Project 2: 10 x F.A.S.T snowfall lights

Progress: Waiting on delivery of bits- Still waiting 5 Built so far and just waiting on Tubes

Project 3: 1 x 30 Channell 3 colour Led String Tree

Progress: Not started yet

Project 4: 5 x RGB window surrounds

Progress: Waiting on delivery of bits Bits delivered, awaiting buildage

Project 5: 1 x Tune To sign

Progress: Waiting on delivery of bitsBits delivered, awaiting buildage

Project 6: Build some RGB Rope lights to restring my existing 240V reindeer frames ( x 2)

Progress: Waiting on delivery of bitsBits delivered, awaiting buildage and also investigating mini pcb's for housing the leds

Project 7: 2 x RGB VU meters (using the 5' Tint Tubes )

Progress: Started initial testing of mounting strip into the tubes, awaiting delivery of controllers Controllers delivered and modified (Replaced xlr's with RJ45 sockets) Strip has been cut and wired and is ready for mounting Complete

Project 8: Learn how to use LSP to make it all flash :D

progress: Started doing some basic sequences, waiting on delivery of hardware to continue testing.Have successfully mad some strip go blinky flash so all ready to go, basic sequences have started

Project 9: Cut up all my existing BigW strings so they can be Controlled.

Progress: Not Started yet

Project 10: ACL LED strobes.

Progress: Group buy not finished yet

Project 11: 10 x RGB 12 LED 5050 wall washers

Progress: Not Started yet

Project 12: PIC programming

Progress: Complete, have now mastered the art of programming my own pic's

8) Onwards and Upwards! 8)

Cheers
Rod

Bird

LOR user
ruprect88 said:
Heres a list of all the things I hope to acheive this year in turning my now static display into something that goes blinky flash doof doof!

Project 1:
Here's hoping there is more to the story. LOL

G

GoofyGuy

I like your style, keep the list short its easier to accomplish!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Wow, you're going in hard to start off with! I like the sound of the VU meters, how big will they be? Will they be actual VU signals or just sequenced to look like it?
Good luck with it all!

Graham

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
1500 tall and 5 sections in each, although I have some 1800 tubes coming soon so I'll have to see which look better.
At this stage just sequenced to look like it, it will depend on how much I get my learnin on as the year progresses.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Ok now the fun begins. :D :D
Goodies have finally arrived. 8)

Project 8 update ...... Success
after 30 mins of set up and stuffin around I have successfully made a string of RGB modules blinky flash through my DR4 and one of Rays 3ch controllers
in the words of a great Kazakhstanian
I am excite....... great success - High Five!

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Made some good progress today, started cutting up some strip ready for the VU meters and arches.
Also modded all of my27Ch boards by replacing the xlr's with RJ45's. :D

I love it when a plan comes together! 8)

Boof63

Senior elf
Great Work any chance of a little more detail please, ie strip type, what are you running E1.31 or Dmx etx for us more cautious folk this is good to learn from!!

cheers Boof63 :p :p :p

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
No Probs

I've mounted 5 x 300mm sections of dumb RGB strip on top of some 25mm Conduit, then Ive mounted the conduit within the tint tube. This way it keeps the strip approx 50mm from the front of the tube. I found this to be about where the best light diffusion occured (too close and you can see each individual led).
Each section is cabled with 4 core security cable (run down through the pipe) and terminated to a Ray Wu 4 core w/proof connector.
For the test vid I just hooked up 5 female plugs to one of Rays 27ch boards which is driven by a j1Sys DR4 EthConGateway.

b9c162c6.jpg

852aaa0d.jpg

14acd52b.jpg

7929abaa.jpg

The flashy bit was done in LSP using the sonoFX effect tool set at about mid range in the sonogram.

Hope this all helps, all the ideas and info I got from this site so happy to put back :D