My 2012 Inaugural Flash Fest

I

indudio

is that strip just mounted onto electrical conduit?

Or mounted i something else?

ecbailey

Full time elf
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but any chance of some info on parts/basic build plans for the tune to sign? I would like some ideas as the only thing i can come up with so far is a light behind a timber cut out of the words "Tune to xx.xxFM".

Thanks!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
ecbailey said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but any chance of some info on parts/basic build plans for the tune to sign? I would like some ideas as the only thing i can come up with so far is a light behind a timber cut out of the words "Tune to xx.xxFM".

Thanks!

I used corex to make mine, i made up a box with corex and then printed some letters on the printer and cut them out, i used kids glue to stick the letters on, I then spray painted the whole box black and then with a white top coat. The sign is divided into 3 sections with s bunch of dumb RGB modules in each section. It seem to work well and was treated just like another element in my display.

Here is video of it above the garage door

Fasteddys 2011 Colour Christmas Light Show on Vimeo

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
I'm using one of the shorter Tint tubes for mine.
I've used an old solar icicle light (110 leds) and mounted them onto some coro, slipped it up the guts of the tube and I'll paint the tune to sign on the front, or I'll get a sticker made.
Theres some more detail and photos here

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
OK its been a while since I've updated this...... but I've been a bit busy.
Needless to say, Lights on the Ridge is now officially "GO"
Put the last of the strips up today, fixed a few minor fubars and away she went.
I'll hopefully get a few photos now of the install and maybe a vid or 2.

Tonights the first full run so I've found it hard to come back inside.
I cant believe how much better it looks not looking at it through the visualiser. :)