My 2013 ideas

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Ok so i've come up with a system to start out please give feedback as I am just starting out and want a good basis to start from..
LOR program and sequencer
E1.31 network
J1sys - ECG-D4 x 1
J1sys - ECG-PIXA08 x 1 (maybe 2)
Ray Wu 27 channel dc DMX controller x 3
Ray Wu 3 channel DMX led controller x 12
Fm transmitter
12vdc RGB 50pc dumb string leds x 12
12vdc RGB 100pc pixel string leds x 14
12vdc 5m RGB pixel strip (10IC's/m) x 12
12vdc 5m RGB dumb strip x 3
Ray Wu 350w 12vdc power supplies x 4
Just some info we live on just under 2 acres with 60-70m frontage and our house is about 70m back from the front, so our display will be mainly free standing with just a few dumb strips across the front of our carports. We are planning 6 x dancing hoops, 6 x vertical pixel strips, 12 x large objects (coro trees/boxes) with RGB dumb leds, I have 6 x 3.5m deals direct trees I will add another two colours to and we will make 4 x large (2m tall) candy canes with pixel leds inside, plus maybe a few blue icicle strips here and there.
Our drivway is up the middle of our block so because because our display is only small, considering the area we have to fill (area of around 40m wide by 70m deep),I think we are only going to use one side of the yard this year, what do you think??
Please feel free to make suggestions as I am doing lots of research and am still in the design faze going to wait till next month to start ordering, maybe as I think i'm getting the CLAP (still cant find what that means?? i'm thinking christmas lights something???)
Anyway speak soon
Neil

Bird

LOR user
Nice list. Hope you have lots of time for sequencing. :)
I will defer to the more experienced folks to review your list.
Responses can be may little slow as people are putting their shows away and some people take a very short break after the lighting season.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
NeilKellie said:
as I think i'm getting the CLAP (still cant find what that means?? i'm thinking christmas lights something???)

Christmas Lights Addiction Problem

NeilKellie

Be gentle we're only little!!!
Ok so yes we definatley have the C.L.A.P and possibly the P.A.P!! lol but I am now a lot closer to what we want.
We have - LSP advanced (will need pro now with the mega tree)
We are looking at -
J1sys - ECG-D4 x 1
J1sys - ECG-P12R x 4
Ray Wu 27 channel dc DMX controller x 2
Ray Wu 3 channel DMX led controller x 12
Fm transmitter
12vdc RGB 50pc dumb string leds x 12 (small trees and presents)
12vdc RGB WS2811 100pc pixel string leds x 32 (mega tree)
12vdc WS2811 pixel modules (20pc) x 64 (arches, belagio poles, stars & candy canes)
12vdc 5m RGB dumb strip x 6 (carports and house)
Ray Wu 350w 12vdc power supplies x 8
Ray Wu 350w 24vdc power supplies x 2
Ray Wu 60w DMX floodlights x 2 (to light up large ghost gum)
I think thats it... the list keeps getting bigger as the ideas come in.
We are doing a mega tree I was thinking of about 6 to 7m high with 22 strings of 65 nodes up and 65 down on one string with power injection at both ends can anyone see an issue with this?? do you think I may need more power injection or will it be enough do you think??. I will have 2 x P12R's at the bottom of the tree with 4 x 350w P/S. The 24v P/S will be used for powering the 6 x 3.6m deals direct trees we brought and any other basic lights we might grab along the way for around the yard.
Spent time over the weekend cleaning up the yard to take photos to start really cementing our layout and i'm pretty sure we have a good one now when I get it approved by the boss I'll post it up to see what you all think.
Tell us what you think... as I said before I like a challange lol and I know i'll still need my ACL floaties lol
Neil

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
nt a bad ist t all looksgooanyou havehergt iea on injection.

Have you been drinking again YL
smiley-confused005.gif

cenote

Suburbs of Philadelphia
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
drinking problem fixed

Sober in three minutes.... :D :D I need to know how to do that one :p

Nice list by the way, my first year was an addition of ONE raywu27 DMX board and a Entec :)