My arches and laser

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Got the tubing from Mitre10, not entirely sure what its called and the staff didnt know either, lol. They gave it to me for $2 per metre. Asked the plumber neighbour as it was in the plumbing section and he said its around $16-18 a metre, hehe. I may have to get more, hopefully they will give me same price :)

Toby3_photo
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/Toby3_photo/?action=view&current=IMG_1122.mp4

Here is the laser going outside after finally by some miracle getting it working (coming off DC48). It probably wont be going where its been placed in video but gives an idea of what it looks like.

Toby3_photo
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/Toby3_photo/?action=view&current=Laseronsideofhouse.mp4

Laser%20on%20side%20of%20house.avi

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Is that the tubing that's clear with a slight blue tinge that Mitre 10 has on big rolls. I saw stuff like that but it had the companies name branded in black writing on it. Does the branding show up when the tube is lit up and what size tube did you get that fitted the strip light ( of course I'm presuming you put strip in it or was it something else)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Its white/very opaque tubing. There is printing on the side but its very faint and due to the close ribbing I cannot understand it. Its 32mm outer diameter, 25mm inner diameter. Yes its strip inside it.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Oh, ok. Different to what I had seen. Good to see so much colour and light coming through something opaque. I will look out for some at the local Mitre 10. Did you say it was ribbed?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
ahhh, that stuff, sortof the gray water tubing, or the water connector tubing for washing machines and dishwashers.. nice.. i really didnt think the light would shine through so well.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
In the shop I put my fingers around it and could see the shadow so decided I would just go with it.

Its come out much brighter than I was expecting so thats great!!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Would have never considered using that. Looks like conduit or as mentioned, the dishwasher type hose stuff. I must check it out.
But what did you have to do to get it $2 a meter ;-) ?
I don't like my chances. Maybe I should send my wife - she gets better deals than me.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yep send your wife, lol.

I was wearing a pretty top and had 4 elderly gentlemen serving me :)

Unfortunately I didnt get enough tubing so I have to go back today, Im hoping to get one of the same blokes so that they give it to me for $2 a metre again, lol.

Bird

LOR user
ShellNZ said:
I was wearing a pretty top and had 4 elderly gentlemen serving me :)

Unfortunately I didnt get enough tubing so I have to go back today, Im hoping to get one of the same blokes so that they give it to me for $2 a metre again, lol.

This could be taken out of context so easily. :D

ShellNZ

Senior elf
lol

I went back this morning, they said they had well and truly given me the wrong price but we bartered to $2.66 a metre ;) Still got a bargain, lol.

They felt bad about charging me more so when I also purchased 15m of reinforcing bar they gave it to me wholesale price and cut it up into 30cm pieces for me, hehehe.