My display in Fremont, Ca

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Very nice work there, it looks fantastic. As far as a transmitter you cant go past the EDM transmitter for the best sound quality and reliability. (for some reason their orders page is down)

kel

Dedicated elf
work1.gif

Robbo

Full time elf
well done, but as for the white noise, i would simply mute the audio from the video and do an audio overlay, for cleaner music ;-)

Boof63

Senior elf
Nice one, hoping for as good a setup for myself this year!!!!

cheers Boof63 :) :)

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Great job with your display last year. It will be good to what you come up with this year. ;)

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Robbo said:
well done, but as for the white noise, i would simply mute the audio from the video and do an audio overlay, for cleaner music ;-)

Any suggestions on how to do this ?

-Blu

Robbo

Full time elf
depending on software you are usually able to mute the volume of the video layer and add in Audio from a separate source, being the original mp3 or whatever, the challenge comes in lining the mp3 up with the video

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bluzervic said:
Robbo said:

Any suggestions on how to do this ?

-Blu

Most decent video editing software has an audio overlay, so its a matter of muting the video sound (again done in the video editing software) and then overlaying the audio track.
But be warned its not usually as easy as just that as more times than often the end of the song will not match the end of the video as different types of video and audio encoding can make slight differences in the length of the song and video. Again most decent software will allow you to spped up or slow down the audio overlay.
Another way to also keep the sound matched with the video is to take different videos of your show with different angles or by focussing in on one or more elements of your display, this way you can keep the music matched through out the sequence by ensuring the next video scene will then start in timing to the music.

Slite

Full time elf
If you have an audio in/mic in on your camcorder, can't you use that? Then you shouldnt have a probem with either bad sound, nor out of sync issues, or?

If that is a stupid suggestion, feel free to say so... I'm not that into camcorders :)

/Stefan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Slite said:
If you have an audio in/mic in on your camcorder, can't you use that? Then you shouldnt have a probem with either bad sound, nor out of sync issues, or?

If that is a stupid suggestion, feel free to say so... I'm not that into camcorders :)

/Stefan

Not at all, that is how i actually did it in previous years by just hooking up a portable radio to my video camera. But not all cameras have that feature and the camera i used for 2011 didnt have this feature so i did it the way mention below. I feel the way below allows more control and allows you to cut between different scenes.