My Leaping Arches

Baf05

Full time elf
So a few years ago, I bought these...
https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/purchase-milky-white-50mm-x-3m-acrylic-tube.7235/

in the group by, for a few reasons, mostly laziness, they stayed under my house. I was wondering of those who bought them how did you go bending them.... I have had mixed success, and none have bent perfectly. The first one was going well but then buckled last minutes so I got a big kink, I did manage to get it out a little with a hot air gun and blowing threw it with one end blocked but still not great.

My best one was inside up against the window when the wind blew, knocking it to the floor, on the way down it hit the coffee table, I can attest to the brittleness of these tubes too!

I am wondering how it compares to the air seed hose? Has any body got both?

I used sand but heated it to more that 130, maybe that was my issues? I don't know? Here are some pics of how I did it.

I also found that the ribs I made with the whole saw caused dimples in the back. So I added the strapping, but that still was not great.

One last I guess complaint is that I found bad hot spots with the strip lighting I was using, I am thinking I could fix that by maybe turning the lights down, or even backing them with black electrical tape....

Anyway, what I really want to know is, how do these compare to air seeder hose?

IMG_5426_zpsiej8fk54.jpg

IMG_5427_zpsvp6q82qu.jpg
IMG_5429_zpsxhgaymau.jpg
IMG_5430_zpswfmtcdi4.jpg

videoman3857

Full time elf
Wow, you went to a lot of trouble to make a "Bender."
I used a piece of string and a pencil to draw my arch shape. Put in a few blocks then lined it with 3 ply.
I put conduit up against the arch, placed another piece of ply against it and nailed (Air gun) a few more block behind it and it was done.
I placed my conduit in the frame, turn it upside down and poured boiling water in it. Bent no worries.

As far as air seeder hose - i haven't used it, but it seems to be the "Flavour of the month" for quite a few years now.

Baf05

Full time elf
given the cost of the pipe, I wanted it perfect, but I am now thinking I will be using what I have left for other, none bending projects.

I will look at getting air seeder hose, but probs not this year

scamper

Dedicated elf
given the cost of the pipe, I wanted it perfect, but I am now thinking I will be using what I have left for other, none bending projects.

I will look at getting air seeder hose, but probs not this year
I would look into some ag suppliers for air seeder pipe about now as it is seeding time so all the suppliers will be getting stock in.
Even if you don't use it this year, it can be harder to get in later in the year.