My lights are going to be on A Current Affair!!

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
Hi everyone,
im so excited, this year i decided to use my lights to do a fundraiser to help my friend, whos daughter has a terminal illness. I made a facebook page called "Lights For Emily" invited all my friends to join and thought, if i just put a donation box out the front of my home that i may raise a few hundred dollars to help towards the huge amount of medications Emily is on every day. Next thing i knew, i had the Bunyip ringing me to do a story, then the Messenger, then i got home from work the other day to find out A Current Affair want to come and do an interview with myself and Emilys parents and they will be back this Sat night, the 8th Nov for the official switching on of my lights. I am very honoured and overwhelmed. To date over 1,100 people have been invited, so im hoping we raise loads more money.

mellowcouple

Full time elf
Wow that's great wish we were down there next weekend instead of this so we could be there. Good luck and I hope ot all goes well for you.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nice work
Hopefully you got everything in that you planned on back at the Adelaide mini. Hoping to see some photos/ video when it's all going.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
i watch a current affair all the time.. any idea what night it will be on?
congrats by the way,..
good things come to those that help others

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
they are coming out to do the interview on Tuesday then back again Saturday for the turning on, so not sure when it will air, but ill let you know so you can watch

Bird

LOR user
All sounds very nice. Good things usually comes to those that do good things for others.
Good job.
Look forward to videos.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Congrats. That kind of exposure will certainly help boost donations for such a worthy cause.

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Great work you are doing.. Hope to see the footage of the story..

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
thecrazylightlady said:
AAH said:
Nice work
Hopefully you got everything in that you planned on back at the Adelaide mini. Hoping to see some photos/ video when it's all going.
unfortunately never got sent the registration key for my LSP

A great cause you are dedicating your lights to, im sure with the exposure you will definetly gain a decent amount of donations. But beware that the traffic issues that are created may need some managing.

With your LSP license then i dont know why you never recieved it even theough i chased it up and the others recieved it. by memory you had a weird email, so im wondering if thats the issue because you should have recieved it and if not should have chased it up because something is not right.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
The great thing about our displays that very little of them are for us, we do it for everyone else to enjoy. So it's a perfect way for them to show appreciation of our displays by donating to events, charities or people in need.

Keep up the great work & I hope to see the Current Affair footage :)