My Matrix Tree

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Awesome! How long are each of the arms? I want to do the exact same thing :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Looking nice. I took a slightly different/cheaper approach. I bought a cheap 6 metre falg pole of EBay and then bought some aluminuim bar and mounted the bar across the flag pole as supports. I then used 25mm electrical conduit mounted to the aluminium cross bars and then mounted my strips. Seems to work well.

Bird

LOR user
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looking nice. I took a slightly different/cheaper approach. I bought a cheap 6 metre falg pole of EBay and then bought some aluminuim bar and mounted the bar across the flag pole as supports. I then used 25mm electrical conduit mounted to the aluminium cross bars and then mounted my strips. Seems to work well.
And then you end up with a flag pole for the rest of the year to use :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bird said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

Ill need to buy a second flag pole now if i want to put up a flag during the off season as the other flag pole is now a strip tree.

Bird

LOR user
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Bird said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

Ill need to buy a second flag pole now if i want to put up a flag during the off season as the other flag pole is now a strip tree.
I'm not sure I want a better description of what a "strip tree" is. Scarey thoughts of your answer have already run through my head.

DougieB

Full time elf
It is huge 5.1m for strip plus another 400mm to hold the star and a bit over 3m at the bottom. Made it in 2 sections to allow for storage in the shed. Will have 2 poles supporting the top with the tree on a 15degree lean. Guy ropes and pegs to secure the bottom. NEed to attach 3 stiffening plates to the join as it whants to bend a bit at the moment.
Have issues with my P12 right now, so going to hook up half of the strips to a P2 tonight and give it a whirl. Will post a video once done.
Doug

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bird said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Bird said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

I'm not sure I want a better description of what a "strip tree" is. Scarey thoughts of your answer have already run through my head.

The description of my 12 strip tree is 12 strippers doing pole dancing with pixels drapped over their naked bodies, that should be family freindly enough because it will keep all the fathers happy :D
And i cant think of anything better than that, pixels and naked women, can you 8)