Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Arduino/Beaglebone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

darylc

404 darylc not found
Might be interesting to get a community opinion for the newbies.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm hoping that the next pixel controller I use will be 1 I build myself.

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Well hopefully I don't get in trouble for this but got an email from Advatek last night saying they have a plan to release in the future a controller that will allow a different protocol per output....I'm already a huge PixLite fan (have both 4 and 16) so that would just be a bonus. So hopefully that will be my next (unless the future is too far and then I will just get another PixLite 4 or 6, whichever I need).

gerry

Senior elf
I think it depends on where a person is at this stage , what he/she already has and the elements that the controller needs to support.

for example for longer runs such as outlines the controller of choice would be different v/s a cluster with many outputs such as a mega tree v/s several mini trees scattered around v/s Big W lights (and other DMX controlled lights).

Each of the above then has 2-4 choices.

Similarly if someone already has a controller with spare capacity he may chose to use the spare capacity 'awkwardly' (ie with longer PI cables) or he may chose to buy another smaller controller eg Pixlite 4 (closer to elements) when adding new elements to an existing show.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I chose other because im using Minleon lighting controllers which are ideal for users that dont want to sequence as they already have inbuilt effects as just one of their features

mborg10

Michael Borg
My next controller will be a permanent install. It will be a Minleon WEC to control architectural strip lighting in my pergola roof

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
My next controller will be a permanent install. It will be a Minleon WEC to control architectural strip lighting in my pergola roof

I have the same plans for the front of my house using the WEC with the upcoming App and Aluminium channel with diffused cover so it looks professional and is going to be a new product that we at Minleon will be stocking

Attachments

• channel1.JPG
    channel1.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 52
  • channel 2.JPG
    channel 2.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 39
  • channel3.JPG
    channel3.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 39
  • channel4.JPG
    channel4.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 38

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I may need a couple pixlite 16's for my next project.... I would like to see new stuff like a E1.31 dumb RGB controller that does not use DMX or LOR Protocol.

Alan... get cracking ;) need a E1.31 dumb RGB controller. 8)

-blu

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bluzervic said:
I may need a couple pixlite 16's for my next project.... I would like to see new stuff like a E1.31 dumb RGB controller that does not use DMX or LOR Protocol.

Alan... get cracking ;) need a E1.31 dumb RGB controller. 8)

-blu

I think the reason you dont see E1.31 DC controllers is because the cost of the ethernet inerface compared to that of using DMX and the fact that you never even get close to a universe of data when using a DC board.
This is where alans 2811 to DC output board fits in nicely or the fact that many of the pixel controllers will also output DMX
So I think it goes down to more being a cost thing than anything else.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that Eddy has more than a passing interest in Minleon!!!

Must just be one of those weird hair on the back of your neck feeling things - you think?

Can't say much wrong with it though as the stuff is top of the line!

mborg10

Michael Borg
beeiilll said:
I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that Eddy has more than a passing interest in Minleon!!!

Must just be one of those weird hair on the back of your neck feeling things - you think?

I thought fasteddys signature was a dead giveaway of this. Unless your using tapatalk and the signatures don't show up.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
beeiilll said:

I think my signiture makes it obvious that i have a vested interest in Minleon Lighting :eek: , so you must take what I say knowing that im obviously biased towards Minleon :D but i do enjoy the quality and plug and play nature of it all

dkulp

Full time elf
Hopefully the FPDv2 will be out and available in the next few months. And the Falcon NEO. Those are the two I'm pixel controllers I'm hoping to use for next year.