Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Arduino/Beaglebone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
It was only a playful plug and not intended as any form of jab by any means!

I am leaning towards the Minleon brand myself as I learn more about it. Very well constructed and solid.

mborg10

Michael Borg
beeiilll said:
It was only a playful plug and not intended as any form of jab by any means!

I am leaning towards the Minleon brand myself as I learn more about it. Very well constructed and solid.

My business MBorgDesign offers services of sales, installation, design & storage of animated lighting. I only use Minleon lights as I wouldn't trust anything else on a customers house. Some people want all the bells and whistles without all the fuss and that's where I fit in and for insurance purposes I need a high grade product that has been certified, weatherproof and commercial grade and that's where Minleon fits in.

starzen

New elf
started with 2 P2s last year and just ordered two more P2s and a P12 for this year

will possibly also try using 2801s directly on a raspberry. have some locations that I only need a small number of pixels and they are somewhat remote so a wifi link to a raspberry would be fine and the cost would be about $75 for raspberry, wifi dongle, psu and case and then just add a string of pixels.

Gilrock

Full time elf
I like to have 1 of everything. I just ordered a Pixlite 16. I used a SanDevices E682 this year and have an E6804 to solder together. I also use 3 J1SYS controllers a P12R, P12S, and now a P12D cause every time I order one he adds something. I don't have the Pixlite 16 yet so I can't comment on it but so far the J1SYS stuff is my favorite cause it's rock solid. The E682 showed me some flakiness where it would be doing something weird that was fixed by a power cycle and I had something going on with a new element I was building where all the pixel modules were fine one night and next morning pixels were failed when I powered up. After replacing 13 pixels I'm not so sure the E682 wasn't causing an issue at power up. That one still has me baffled. I probably would have tried the new Falcon NEO if it was ready earlier but I needed to have my matrix running by May.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I have 2x J1Sys P2's so plan to utilise those, not sure if I need anything else at this stage. All depends on budget & ability to get things up & running I guess!

Bumpy2020

Apprentice elf
Fasteddy said:
I have the same plans for the front of my house using the WEC with the upcoming App and Aluminium channel with diffused cover so it looks professional and is going to be a new product that we at Minleon will be stocking

When will this be available ?
I was looking at this on a US site last night

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Bumpy2020 said:
Fasteddy said:
I have the same plans for the front of my house using the WEC with the upcoming App and Aluminium channel with diffused cover so it looks professional and is going to be a new product that we at Minleon will be stocking

When will this be available ?
I was looking at this on a US site last night

Im currently organising a shipment now so i dont expect to see anything until some time in feb

Boogie

New elf
gerry said:
I think it depends on where a person is at this stage , what he/she already has and the elements that the controller needs to support.

for example for longer runs such as outlines the controller of choice would be different v/s a cluster with many outputs such as a mega tree v/s several mini trees scattered around v/s Big W lights (and other DMX controlled lights).

Each of the above then has 2-4 choices.

Similarly if someone already has a controller with spare capacity he may chose to use the spare capacity 'awkwardly' (ie with longer PI cables) or he may chose to buy another smaller controller eg Pixlite 4 (closer to elements) when adding new elements to an existing show.

Hi Gerry

Could you elaborate a little on the best choice for an extended length intelligent pixel strip outline (Aprox 330 feet) controller. I'm a newbie and struggling at this point, too many choices and not enough knowledge?