My pixel tree

kane

Dedicated elf
This might need to get moved to the vendor forum - at first glance, looks like a personal post, but the image clicks through to a website where you can purchase the pixel tree kit..

kennyz06

New elf
It is a personal post. I do sell the tree as a kit though. The point wasn't to advertise the tree... I just wanted some feedback on the design. I worked my butt off trying to get it really well made! I'm working on a cool "star" for the top that uses the same technology (pixels). I'll post some pics when I'm done.

This is what I'm replacing my mega tree with this year. It'll be easier (and safer) to put up. lol

kennyz06

New elf
hdracer said:
Nice work! what did you attach pixels to, to keep the tension straight?

1/8" Vinyl Coated wire rope. It's zip tied on there every few lights or so. The size and coating on the rope keep it from slipping.

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
Quote from: hdracer on June 13, 2013, 11:56:07 AMNice work! what did you attach pixels to, to keep the tension straight?
</blockquote>

1/8" Vinyl Coated wire rope. It's zip tied on there every few lights or so. The size and coating on the rope keep it from slipping.

This sounds like the stuff I used. Bunnings had it as clothes line cord. Works great. I used it for the same reason. It doesn't slip after being zip tied and the wire core means you can tension it up. Also means you have an insulated wire so it is less likely to rub with the string and cause a short.