My show For 2012

I

indudio

https://vimeo.com/55346103

So after an incredible year, my show started on 1 December. I started in February this year!

Its all to a 10 minute megamix of about 6 Christmas songs in modern versions goood to sequence lights to.

Total of 181 dmx channels, using 5 Ray wu boards - 30V and 12 V plus 3 x 12 channel RGB controllers that can handle upto 2A per channel.

I built the large Coreflute Bethlehem star, as well as made small xmas tees, Presents, candy canes and stars (16 in total). These are all dumb RGB with coreflute divers for each section in the candy canes and presents.

The Merry Christmas sign has just over 1700 CW leds - made of old coreflute advertising boards from the tip. It is 3 channels.

The Mega Tree has 4 colours (white, purple, green and blue) split into 8 sections so total of 32 channels.

The house we are in we are renting and has nearly 65 metres of frontage. One of my favourites are the 3 trees to the right which have over 64 of the kmart snowfall lights. I found a solution to the water problem by simply putting bluetack on the tops of these. Been through 2 storms and had no water get in them.

I am using vixen and spent about 2 and a half months of programming. On top of mounting the contollers and all wiring and cabling. I also had the birth of my first child in August - so it has been full on but I am happy with the result as this is my first year doing Sequencing lights to music.

I have been overwhelmed with the response as well - The neighbours love it, and yeah.

This is video from my camera. My bro in law has filmed it professionally, but he is getting married this weekend, so I will probably not get this until next year.

A big thank you for all the help and assistance I have recieved from ACL.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Excellent work and a lot of light and it looks fantastic. I love the big merry christmas sign. No wonder its a huge hit your way.

kel

Dedicated elf
work6-1.gif