My singing faces :)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Hi all

Heres my attempt at making some singing faces. One boy and one girl for this year.

Made with 12v neonflex and running on a Meanwell SP-320-12v power supply.

7 chans per face.

We just popped it outside (night here) and it looks ok.

IMG_0706-1.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

angus40

Senior elf
Another success Shell ! great work .

Could i employ you to fabricate some pumpkin / faces ?

j/k shipping would kill me .

Richard

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I got the neonflex from China. 20m of neonflex, 16 connectors, about 21 end caps (only ordered 16) and a heap of perfectly cut heatshrink :)

I bought the PVC channelling from here in NZ as it was only $2.50 p/metre. Each face took 9metres of neon-flex. Initially I wanted to use LED strips but they werent going to bend like I wanted them to, well they might have but it was going to take a lot of extra bits.

My next project is my RGB 5050 strip mini-tree, just waiting for strip to get here from China.

We've also decided to sacrifice our indoor 8" Xmas tree this year and put it outside. Last year we bought a real Xmas tree, dug a big hole and planted it in our front yard. We watered it a few times over the course of Xmas to keep it green, it worked well. We will still have to dig the artificial tree into the ground as of course its a lot lighter.

Till then...back to sequencing and counting up my lights.

anon

Apprentice elf
Awesome! The 'sexy and I know it' house put them to good use and have been waiting to see them made here.

Where did you come across the basic mouth shapes? The designs are pretty damn good!

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Thanks anon

I drew the designs myself. The only faces I could find were the halloween/angry looking ones so decided to just draw my own :)

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day, can you advise Chinese supplier details? I'm very new to the ACL world. These look fantastic. Too late for Xmas 2012 for me. My first Xmas light show will be 2013. At the moment I am trying to absorb as much info as possible.
Cheers,
Steve 8)

drakky

Senior elf
they look awsome , can you supply more detail on the parts and method you used to build it please?