Mysolarled.com Feedback

Brettus

Brettus
Hi Guys,

Have seen this website mentioned here a few times and am wanting some feedback on the quality of their lights. Would you buy them again??? Did they last the season??? etc etc etc

Thanks

Brettus

Brettus
Hi Kane,

Thanks for the reply. Your tree looks really good. So the lights are good for next season???

kane

Dedicated elf
Brettus said:
Thanks for the reply. Your tree looks really good. So the lights are good for next season???
They all looked good to me - the odd bit of discolouration in a few of them (I went for clear wires), but no issues that I could see when I packed them all up.

That being said - will have to wait until later this year to see if any issues appear during storage!

kane

Dedicated elf
Slite said:
Can't see any prices though? You need to contact them I guess?

Yeah, they pretty much quote you based on what you are after, so best to contact them - you specify the voltage, wire colour, length, whether you want connectors or just bare wire, etc.

Keep in mind that freight can be a bit of a killer - best to work out your quantities and ask for the total price (including shipping) upfront.. Otherwise you'll be pretty disappointed if you just budget based on the product price.

For indicative pricing, if you do a quick forum search for mysolarled, you'll find a few threads, where some example prices have been posted.. For my strings (100's, 200's and curtains) including shipping I paid around $0.08 per LED. (so a 100 string was approx $8 landed)

ps - I mentioned discolouration in a previous post - I meant to say that this was discolouration in the clear wire (from UV exposure) - the LEDs themselves were all fine. I think I'd investigate black wires, or perhaps asking them about UV rated wire?

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
wow, $0.08 per LED, that seems really cheap. At $16 for 200 LED's that seems better then those big w ones, plus thats delivered. I was expecting at least twice that. Is there a minimum spend?

kane

Dedicated elf
dropbear_luke said:
wow, $0.08 per LED, that seems really cheap. At $16 for 200 LED's that seems better then those big w ones, plus thats delivered. I was expecting at least twice that. Is there a minimum spend?
I don't think there's a minimum spend, although I doubt they'd do super small orders. Also, the shipping cost per string will come down a bit with a larger order.

For me, even if they were the same price as the BigW LEDs, I was happier with mysolarled, as they were done to my specifications (100 strings, 200 strings, plus also curtains which were done to exact width & height), and they also put waterproof connectors on (and supplied the other half of each connector), which saved me a bunch of effort & time. Also, you don't have to wait until October for BigW to release their stuff, and then possibly miss out on the colour you want.

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
yes, i can definately see the benefits of these over big w. espescially if they that cheap, plus they made to order.
Luke 8)

SpeedWalker

New elf
Hi, I have been in touch myself with kelly from Mysolarled as a result of this site. Kelly was tops to deal with whe was able to amswer all my emails promptly with a indicitive quote due to the chinesee new year and many suppliers were away.

I had quotes for icicles, curtains, rope lights, M5 and 5mm strings etc both 230v and 24v; also included were extensions cables, uv black wire, end on end water proof connectors etc. Help I could go on forever, basically you are limited be imagination they will bascially make to order what you want. And the prices are a real steal considering you are able to get what you actually want, not some standard store brought product that has to be modified. Kelly was keen to price any request no matter how annoying I became. I'm looking at going 24v.

Saddly while the price of the lights are attractive, I am yet to take into consideration the price to ship to NZ which is dictated by weight <100kg sea or air, >100kg sea. But Heck the price of quality LED lighting is prohibitive.

Cheers

Dan

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
There are a couple of us keen to get lights to NZ from this supplier, we may be able to look at pooling our orders somehow.

Kev :)