nECG-DP2 Can't Load HTML

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Trying to get a head start with the new nECG-DP2. I have in jumpered for 12v and I am trying to reach the html screen.

I have configured the network adapter for 10.10.10.50 with a submask of 255.255.255.0.

The first few seconds that I fire it up, I can successfully ping 10.10.10.10 and I get the start of the webpage if I put the ip address in Chrome or Explorer. What I mean by the "start" is that the tab at the top of Chrome/Explorer it gives me the "Joshua 1 Systems Inc." but nothing shows up in the actual page. After the initial few seconds, I can no longer ping 10.10.10.10 or get anything on the webpage.

I have two of the controllers and they are both doing the same thing.

Things I have tried:

Tried using different computers with different operating systems (XP, Vista, Windows 8)
Tried disabling Wireless
Tried using Submask 255.0.0.0.
Tried using USB from controller to Computer - It seemed to "find a device" for a few seconds and then shut down. (Duh-da... Da Duh. That is my best sound effect :-\ )

Downloaded j1UBL from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63370705/j1sys/nECG-DP2/j1UBL2/j1UBL2.exe. I got "USBBootloader host stopped working" error when I ran it.

I am sure it is a rookie mistake. I am just getting into controllers.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Use Internet Explorer to access it. Power it on, use Internet Explorer first up.

I had the same problem - using Firefox crashes it every time :(

darylc

404 darylc not found
You have tried Internet Explorer without using Chrome first?

Unfortunately there is no fix, there is no newer software out.

I would not recommend others buy this controller yet until these issues are ironed out, but that doesn't help those who already have them :(

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Can't say what I used first. I will try again and just use Explorer. Will post back.

JPB

Full time elf
Are you connecting via a router/switch? If so, try rebooting it. I had a similar problem last year and it was something cached in the switch that was causing the problem.

darylc

404 darylc not found
I am using windows 7 64 bit Internet explorer 11 and it works ok, although I've definitely seen what you are seeing. It's caused by the browser sending something that causes the dp2 to crash.

Do you have that combination you can test with?

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Tried it with Windows 8... again, and it worked! Thanks! I hope the bugs get worked out.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Interesting to learn of this.
I have always been using IE on my test computer to access the DP2 so never really thought about any trouble.
I just went and hooked up my DP2 to the test rig and tried Chrome to access it. No problem with it. Also used FireFox with no trouble either.

My test rig has Windows7, 64 bit on it but seems that it has on trouble connecting with the DP2 no matter which browser I used.
I do have a separate NIC card in the machine but that should make no difference really.
I also use the 10.10.10.50 for IP and 255.0.0.0 for the submask.

The only thing I can say is that the first time I tried to connect with Chrome, it did sit on the blank screen until I did a refresh on the URL bar and then the config page for the DP2 came up. All attempts after that one worked just fine.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
My Windows 8 machine is setup at 10.10.10.50 with a submask of 255.255.255.0.

Next day off maybe I can do some more trouble shooting.

Robert

Apprentice elf
I usually change the ip to my home network. Just make sure you aren't in the DHCP range.

B_P_J

Full time elf
what about adding the IP Address to Compatibility view settings in IE, i have to do this sometimes with new IP camera's, they just don't seem to want to work unless they are added here, sorry don't have a DP2 yet but just a suggestion to try,

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Well back tracking a little bit, I think the reason it was/is not working with my XP laptop is that Explorer will only update to Explorer 8.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Should I be able to go through the USB to get to the Configuration screen? If so, how?