nECG-DP2 Can't Load HTML

Robert

Apprentice elf
djohnson1810 said:
Should I be able to go through the USB to get to the Configuration screen? If so, how?

Are you talking about the ubl? You can connect to the ubl through, USB or ethernet. Just make sure, the USB option is checked.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
You should be able to get to the configuration screen through the network connection over a regular Cat cable so not sure about using the UBL.

From Ed's instructions on the nECG-DP2:

The nECG‐DP2 uses a similar HTML screen set to configure the unit. You connect to it via a web browser.
The default IP address is 10.10.10.10 as with our other units. The IP address can be changed via the web
or with the j1UBL2 utility in much the same way as our other units.

The HTML screen configuration works the same as our other units. You connect to the IP you have set in
the UBL or the 10.10.10.10 default.

j1UBL2 currently only supports USB connection to the nECG‐DP2. Ethernet connectivity will be added
early in 2015.

You have about 10 seconds to connect to the unit after it reboots. Click on the Connect button as quickly
as possible. Once you have connected the unit will stay in bootloader mode until you are finished. No
speed is required.

neilteo

New elf
I have same issue with just newly bought nECG-DP2 units (qty 2). Both exhibiting same symptoms.
Tried all kinds of things on my win7 laptop with IE10 including IN-PRIVATE mode (Cntl Shift P) and still same.
Works ok on my desktop on IE11.
So exact versions on laptop ALL have same issue (nECG-DP2 dies.. ping stops replying until re-powered).
IE 10.0.9200.17414 (Update 10.0.29)
Firefox 39.03
Chrome 44.0.2403.130 m
Exact Version of IE on my other Win7 Desktop PC
IE 11.0.9600.17914 (Update Version 11.0.21)
Have also sent Ed from Joshua a PCAP trace from when it fails from my laptop.

Neil Teo.... Sydney Austraya!!

livetoride

Full time elf
I had an issue like this and it turned out the firewall was blocking it on my laptop but not my pc! Maybe this could be an issue?

Don't expect much in a reply I know I never recived one for my provlem!

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Still having the same problem myself. I can access the configuration utility with my laptop (which is Windows8) but not on my show computer (which is windows 7). When I first turn it on I can ping it and run my show with it, but if I try and access the configuration with my browser (IE or Chrome), it crashes. I can't use it or ping it unless I unplug the controller and then turn it back on.

The bottom line is you have to have Windows 8 so you can upgrade your browser to the point where you can access the controllers config.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
I can and have been able to connect with Win 7 Pro with both IE and chrome without any trouble right from day one playing with them.
Strange troubles for sure. Will be interesting to see what this turns out to be.

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Okay. How does this UBL work? I see a micro usb connection on the controller. Do I just connect a usb to micro usb between my laptop and controller?

I have the controller wired for 12 v. Do I have to change the jumpers to 5 v before I plug the two in?

Is there any utility I need to run on my computer?

Thanks!

djohnson1810

Apprentice elf
Anyone have any ideas on how to use the UBL? What voltage the controller needs while configuring through the UBL?