Need help importing into xlights

DILA

New elf
I have finally jumped onto the xlights bandwagon and want to bring over parts of my old vixen sequences. My problem is that most of my props were 3 color, red white and blue. Megatree, wreaths, mini trees and arches. I thought I could use sub models to import the 3 colors, but I can't see a way to assign a default color to a submodel. Because of pixel costs I will still be running AC lights on renard and lynx boards connected to a kulp 16, but I really want to switch my wreaths and mini trees this year. Any ideas?

Bob

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Not sure if it will do exactly what you are after but under string properties for props there is the option for a "superstring". Change to 3 colours and set to red, white and blue.
1662768391854.png

DILA

New elf
Not sure if it will do exactly what you are after but under string properties for props there is the option for a "superstring". Change to 3 colours and set to red, white and blue.
View attachment 20838
I looked at the superstrings, but that seems to be more for people that want to keep using superstrings in xlights. I am trying to find a way to map 3 channels, blue wreath, white wreath, red wreath to a pixel wreath and maintain the colors. A cant get a superstring to give me 3 mapping choices when I try to import a sequence. As popular as this was back in the day, my first show was 2008, There must be a workaround and I'm too much of a xlights noob to find it.

thanks

Bob

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I ditched all my AC lights when I switched to xLights so I haven't actually done it. If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you can create 3 wreath models on top of each other, then make one blue, one white, and the other red. You can then assign the appropriate channel to each wreath/color.

If that doesn't work, you might try the xLights Zoom room. I would be very surprised if they couldn't walk you through this. There's a link on xlights.org and they'll almost certainly ask you to share your screen so they can talk you through it. I don't want to direct you away from this forum, I just think in this case sharing your screen and being able to explain your needs in detail might help.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Being pixel props rather than standard leds which I assumed they were should be easy. In xlights when you select the colours for an effect just select blue and black, white and black, red and black. That limits the colours that the prop will use.
Do you have any video of your display showing what it is that you are trying to replicate?