Need help with output

David_K

Full time elf
Hi guys I resolve one issue then have another. Can anyone please help me with setting up the output for the lights.
I am using ECG-P2 controllers. On one controller I have a

Mega tree 408 Pixels
Candle 30 pixels
Matrix 150 pixels
candle 30 pixels

spot light 12 pixels
archs 125 pixels

How would I set these up between J1sys and LSP. I can get them going but it is so not right. This is the order I hope to wire them daisy chained the first four in the first zone of the controller and the last two in the second. Is this possible? If I set Jsys first three universes with 136 in each and 408 in each universe in LSP the tree works fine, but if I add the next output all hell breaks loose. Hope I have explained this ok.

damo1271

Full time elf
I haven't used LSP but I use J1sys P2s.

It should be possible to do as you suggest since the P2 provides 680 pixels (4 universes). The J1 sys setup essentially needs all 618 outputs enabled across the 4 universes. Remember you can have no more than 170 pixels in each universe.

I am not certain, but it seems like you may be mapping too many channels in your last output.
3 universes with 136 pixels in each is 408 pixels. This leaves 210 pixels for your last universe. You cant have 210 pixels in a universe! Try mapping each universe so that no universe has more than 170 pixels.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi David,

is this the same as the other post where you say the zones were not correct ?

All should be the same zone eg Zone 1.

are you planning to connect them all to one output of the P2 or to use two outputs ie the mega tree on one and the rest on the other.

Corrected the foll on reading it again as the mega tree would need to be split across > 1 universe:

Accordingly , if the former (ie one output) , the u could have the mega tree on the first universe (say 1-3 ) and then the other items on universe 4 and 5

If u plan to have items on the second output of the P2 , then that would be # 5 and u could use universe 6 , 7 etc

If u are using more than one controller - let me know how they are wired ie what , in which seq , to what output of each controller. This is similar to my set up is 3 P2s an LSP + others

If u are still having problems , then attach what you have done ie your current configs of the P2 and LSP (like u did for the other problem) and what each means and I can have a look

David_K

Full time elf
Thanks Gerry much appreciated I think I will have to re route a couple of items and do like you suggest. My only problem now is I dont think I can run our show as we only have two ECG-P2 controllers and even though they have more pixel allocation then the amount of pixels we are using the way the output works will not allow me to fit them all in I think. Also adding to the problem is some of the lights are 6803 strip some are 1803 pixels so I guess I need another controller in a hurry if anyone has one they dont use and would like to sell.

gerry

Senior elf
You may wish to consider obtaining a Pixlite 4 - which is local , easy to use and Luke/Devo provide excellent support.
You would not need to change anything in LSP.

However , given that you have different pixel types , you would need to ensure that it can be used (for your setup) for one type of them.

In the meantime , de-scope some of your items and get the rest working (which is what I did in Sep). You could always add the remaining with a new controller afterwards.