Need help with WS2812 LED

gazer

New elf
HI,

I'm new here so I hope someone can help me.

I want to run a continuous 26Meter long (5 x 5M reels + 1 M) WS28132 LEDS (30LED/metre) via an Advatek Pixelite 4 controller.

The power supply will be 5VDC 320W. Would this power all the LED's in one hit?

Luke from Advatek said I should use two of the 4 ports of jis controller as each one can only handle 680 LEDS. I have 780 (30 x 26). Does this mean I should have two of each fly leads coming off the strip into the two ports of the controller? That's how I see it but I'm sure someone will now what I'm trying to do.

The lights will run in conjunction with Lightjams software, as I want to sync the lights to a musical track.

I'm new to all this, so I hope someone can tell me in simple English, what is what.

Thank you,

Jim

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL You will need to do power injection to make a continual run of 26 metres, so inject power between strip 2 and 3 and strip 4 and 5
If you are unsure of this then take a look at the ACL 101 lighting manual to get a visual understanding of power injection

gazer

New elf
Fasteddy said:
Welcome to ACL You will need to do power injection to make a continual run of 26 metres, so inject power between strip 2 and 3 and strip 4 and 5
If you are unsure of this then take a look at the ACL 101 lighting manual to get a visual understanding of power injection

Thank you for your reply

That's what I thought too.. but couldn't I just use one 5V DC 70A 320W power supply instead of 4-5 separate supplies?

Wouldn't that supply enough voltage for the entire 26M strip?

Jim

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yes its enough, you will just need to have power injection cables going straight from power supply to strip at the points that Eddy mentioned. Just confirming the strip is 5v?

algerdes

Al Gerdes
To make it a little clearer...
the reason you need to power inject is that the power trace on the strip cannot transfer the current needed to make it to the end of the line.

Data will make it because it is regenerated at each pixel chip.