Answered network setup on fpp 2.0

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have had my show network setup on the Pi for the last couple of years and all worked well.
I had my home network over wifi to the Pi and a private network for the show (Pi and 3 falcon control boards)
I followed the setup explanation that Keith did at the 2017 Sydney mini and as I said, last 2 years worked flawlessly.
This year however, I have had 2 things change.
1. I have a new home internet router. I have setup the gateway to reflect this and I believe i have it all correct.
2. I have updated the FPP on the Pi to version 2.0
My problem I am having is that I could only access the show network via an Ethernet cable. I could access all the boards and Pi. When I tried to access over wifi, I had all sorts of problems, i believed i had it sorted as the changes to my home network required some adjustments, then bam... I was able to access the Pi through the wifi.
Trouble is, I can no longer access it through the Ethernet cable. I can still access the falcons through the Ethernet, but I cannot access them through the wifi.
Does anyone know WTF is going on?
Is there any problem that anyone is aware of with the new FPP.
Or am I going completely nuts?

scamper

Dedicated elf
Not really answered, but after finally giving up and asking the world for help, I went back to see if I could find anything that I was doing wrong, and it is now magically working.o_O
I really hate not knowing what was wrong, but I love the fact it is working again.