Networking Falcon Controller to Pi & Home Network

MC_Lex

New elf
Help from the group for this First Year Guy, please.

I been able to configured the Pi (I think), after 2 weeks of looking at videos and reading. I can pull it up on my browser thru the WiFi without any issues, connected my Falcon with Ethernet cable but I can’t bring up the Falcon on the browser. Any help will be greatly appreciated and remember it’s my first year. Thanks in advance!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Help from the group for this First Year Guy, please.

I been able to configured the Pi (I think), after 2 weeks of looking at videos and reading. I can pull it up on my browser thru the WiFi without any issues, connected my Falcon with Ethernet cable but I can’t bring up the Falcon on the browser. Any help will be greatly appreciated and remember it’s my first year. Thanks in advance!
How is your network setup between the two?
The Raspberry Pi's ethernet side needs an IP assigned and on the Falcon too.
For example we'll say your 'show network' (ethernet side of the Pi) is on 192.168.2.1, Falcon on 192.168.2.2. Your home network connected to the Pi's WiFi is 192.168.1.10

In xLights, you have the Falcon controller set. In the list is 'FPP proxy'. Enter the IP address of the Raspberry Pi from wireless on your home network (e.g 192.168.1.10). Falcon controller's IP address is set for what ever it is on the show network (e.g. 192.168.2.2).
In FPP, somewhere in networking is a button labelled 'enabling routing between interfaces' or 'route interfaces'.

What all this is basically doing is sending any data intended for the Falcon through the Raspberry Pi. xLights is told what the Raspberry Pi's IP is to do this.
There is also another setting in FPP to only proxy through specific devices, but enabling proxy to all devices on the show network is easier.

john_fife84

New elf
How is your network setup between the two?
The Raspberry Pi's ethernet side needs an IP assigned and on the Falcon too.
For example we'll say your 'show network' (ethernet side of the Pi) is on 192.168.2.1, Falcon on 192.168.2.2. Your home network connected to the Pi's WiFi is 192.168.1.10

In xLights, you have the Falcon controller set. In the list is 'FPP proxy'. Enter the IP address of the Raspberry Pi from wireless on your home network (e.g 192.168.1.10). Falcon controller's IP address is set for what ever it is on the show network (e.g. 192.168.2.2).
In FPP, somewhere in networking is a button labelled 'enabling routing between interfaces' or 'route interfaces'.

What all this is basically doing is sending any data intended for the Falcon through the Raspberry Pi. xLights is told what the Raspberry Pi's IP is to do this.
There is also another setting in FPP to only proxy through specific devices, but enabling proxy to all devices on the show network is easier.
Hello!
So I have been having some of the same issues; however, all is set up after reviewing almost all manuals (Falcon's F48, FPP, XLights etc.). I get the green status light in Xlights, I can ping the F48 through home network through the R.Pi, open the R.Pi by selecting the "Open Proxy"; however, when I select the "Upload Output", I get "FPP proxy 192.168.0.xxx is either not online or does not have this controller in its proxy table. This upload may fail until this is corrected." I have tried several IP's within the ranges I have set, but same result.

Also, I attempt to test some props (that have been put in to Xlights and ported as I would in the show), but am not getting any lights to turn on.

Any help you may be able to provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
owever, when I select the "Upload Output", I get "FPP proxy 192.168.0.xxx is either not online or does not have this controller in its proxy table
On the FPP web UI go to Status/Control tab and click on Proxy Settings then add your controller and IP address of the controller there.

Last edited: