New Coro Design

magii

Apprentice elf
So I've had an idea for a while now for some new CORO elements for the display. I started with a model in Sketchup:

Coro%2520Bubbler.jpg

When that was done and I was happy with it, I transferred the design to a flat pattern that could be cut on the CNC.

pattern.jpg

I just got the first couple ones put together, they really turned out great. Better than I expected.

IMG_3166.JPG

Here's the video of them running.

RGB Coro Bubble Lights

Skunberg

Full time elf
I would love the pdf. They look great!! Did you give Dave permission to sell them? And what did you put in them for lights?

Brian

Boof63

Senior elf
would a second layer of coro inside improve the diffusion, i had similar problem with some bells having the pixels show through (haven't added a second skin to see if thet helps or not)
cheers Boof63

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
These look great. You did a really nice job on the design and implementation of them. I bet the folks will stop and stare at these for quite a while.
Guess I will need to put these on my list of wants along with everything else!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Goulburn said:
Will Dave be offering shipping out of USA. His items are great.

David does not ship these to Australia due to the bulkiness of the product and the high cost of shipping.

Binkles

Full time elf
No disrespect to Dave as he does an awesome job.

Just wonder if he would team up with someone in Australia, for someone in Aussie to make these designs and sell on his behalf, and take a little profit from each one.

Not sure of the viability, but some of his designs I could be interested in.