New, excited and planning.

Habbosrus

Back again
A piece of advice regarding sequencers. Try at least a couple of different sequencers and see which one fits you better. Everyone has their sequencer of choice and for different reasons. I went with HLS, firstly because it was free (and I had just been laid off) and secondly because I understand it and appreciate the update frequency. Try them, they are all good for various reasons. There are links to the various sequencers in the manual

AussieChris

New elf
Ok have now read the manual thanks to this site. Oh my am I more confused. It was a fantastic manual and well set out but I dont know what I need to begin, a small set up to start 2015 Xmas period

Habbosrus

Back again
AussieChris said:
Ok have now read the manual thanks to this site. Oh my am I more confused. It was a fantastic manual and well set out but I dont know what I need to begin, a small set up to start 2015 Xmas period
Write down a couple of questions to start with and jump into chat and ask away there or post your questions in the forum. Nobody bites (at least I don't think they do) and the only dumb is the one you didn't ask, so ask away. It's the way we all constantly learn. I've learnt a lot in my second year and I'm only at the tip of iceberg (or should that be Christmas Tree) :D

buzzdude

Full time elf
Welcome Chris. I'm in chirnside park and only my second year. I have 2 e682 and 1 P8, use xlights controlling 12 x 5m strip and 12 x 5 m pixel nodes. Happy to show my limited setup if you need to. Nowhere as good as a lot of others but it's a start.

Shane

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL will some dedication and some reading and questions then you will achieve wonders for next Christmas as the members here are very friendly and helpful

dale82

Senior elf
Chris, I have absolutely no electrical background at all and had never even switched a soldering iron on, let alone a multi-metre. Take a look in the Gallery at my display. for what limited knowledge I have/had I have achieved a lot. And it is thanks to this wonderful community. Jump into chat there is always someone in there willing to lend a hand. some of us are apart of the ACL furniture and are here all year round. :D

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Chris

WARNING
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem