New Hobby or Money trap... same same but different, right??

NickHTsv

Serious case of the C.L.A.P
Hey all!

Have decided to embark on this adventure and jump head first into my first project.. I'm looking to use pixels, with e682 controllers (they look the easiest to use) and keep to ws2811 chips to keep everything the same. I have a little bit of programming experience and work with circuit board, router boards, computers and microwave links (not that I'll need them ay?? :p) but think this will be a cool way to continue using my skills seen I can't wire up circuits as a paramedic lol

Have a plan to get an e682, a pixel strip and have a play with sequencing and wiring everything up....

Have a few questions which I'll post as I learn from you all. Have some inspiration for designs from a few of you already, and as everyone have taken on board some of Matt Johnson's ideas too.. in fact I'm getting a Raspberry Pi soon too :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, chat soon!

Nick

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Welcome to the Madhouse Nick,

the best place to start is with the 101 manual, read it and read it again.... then jump into chat, lots of friendly people who are generous with their knowledge.

Before you go spend your $$ post a shopping list for feedback, now may not be the time to be buying things, this close to christmas, but don't let me stop you :D

cheers
Fing

dale82

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL Nick, as Fing has suggested download the 101 manual and have a browse. There is also a great bunch of people always on chat to lend a hand or at the least chat about anything. :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
Welcome aboard.
Do you know how to make a small fortune from Christmas lights?
Start with a large one.

I too copied some of matt Johnson's ideas especially his leaping arches.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Nick

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

As already suggested, the new revised 2nd addition AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for all things RGB and more. :)

elnino

Full time elf
Matt Johnson is my idol. My lights are heavily inspired by him. His creativity and attention to detail is amazing and I want his workshop!

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Welcome to acl nick and yes unfortunate may be a money trap but there is worse things to spend money on but there is a lot of great ideas here to keep costs down