New House, New Design

livetoride

Full time elf
Hey everyone, I've moved house and with it, the old display will no longer suit. I think I have a plan set in place but would love some feedback from everyone. Please find below a picture of my old house and the new one.

Questions I have are - Is it too much to have a pixel tree and a matrix (10x5 pannels not sure on P10 or other resolution just yet)? Last year I had a 5mx2.5m round pixel tree and a 5m.2.5m flat strip tree that was used more as the matrix. I don't really want to lose the mega tree but where it's situated and how close am to the road (About 5 meters) I think it may be too much? This design is by no means final and if you think you have a great suggestion id love to hear it!

If i don't use the mega tree Ill plan to use the nodes for the new window borders as I'm sick of strip failures that I have had in previous years so they won't go to waste. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old_Layout.jpg

New_Layout.jpg

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey Livetoride few little pieces of advice I would have for you with moving is give yourself plenty of time, start building your elements early, don't plan too far in advance with your programming because if you cant get it all built as per your design you might have to re-do some of it, time is your friend now, come later on in the year it wont be... I need to make up this year for the dismal show I had last year... neighbours were a little disappointed I think.

Kitman

Full time elf
Considering you are moving to a new house and a new neighbourhood it might be better to start smaller in the new location and build it up, you don't want to put up a massive display that might get the new neighbours upset with you right away, it could cause tension over the next few years and get complaints to the council etc.

Just a thought.

Jay.S

Full time elf
I am in the same boat as you. Just moved from a house with a relatively large front yard to a new place with very little yard and have to redesign everything... I am sure I am in for some stressful months :)

livetoride

Full time elf
Thanks everyone for the response, Ill be getting the bascis up and might leave the matrix/mega tree to upset them next year!

@swb its stressful but one advantage is everything closer for power runs etc now :D