New LED Addict from Tx

CrazyLightLady

New elf
Andy and Chuck let this site out of the bag at the NJ Meet and Greet this weekend and after their combined demos, I knew I had to join.

A little about myself and my obsessions with LEDs. I've been decorating for more years than I can remember and started animating my lights in '03. My display has grown quit a bit since them and I went 100% LED in '06. I've done a little bit of slicing and dicing on LEDs, but from what I saw this weekend, I'm a rank newbie. :eek:

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
CLL

A warm Welcome to a humble little corner of the internet.

We have a majority focus on low voltage lighting which of course LED's are taking over from the incandescents we have used down here for so long.

Please drop by and provide your LED expertise when you have spare time

Cheers
Phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to the forums, It may be called Aus Christmas Lighting but it really doesn't matter where your from, all are welcome to join in and participate.
Sounds like you may have a few years more experience than a lot of us here, so feel welcome to join in the discussions and put your own thoughts across, I'm sure we could learn a thing or two.

CrazyLightLady

New elf
Thanks for the welcome and yes I've kinda been messing with low voltage LED elements in my display for some time now. I was really intrigued with the new developments all ya'll are coming up with in regards to the tri color LEDs. My first attempt controlling them was my LED Tree hack. Needless to say it was a very slap dash project, and although it worked it sure wasn't pretty or practical.

I'll be picking your brains and jonesing for hardware, so be forewarned.

Tabor

Full time elf
I am sure I speak for everyone here (although I prob shouldnt), all questions are welcome.

By asking lots of questions new and exciting ideas come out.