New member from Bathurst

grahami2006

Full time elf
Total newbie for computerised lights. I have been decorating the outside of my home for some years and decided after Christmas that this year was going to be the BIG ONE.
I have searched sites and just found this one so hope I will find some good hints.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, glad you found the place and im sure we will be able to help you on your way to creating a fantastic computer controlled display for 2012

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL

Lots of information in the forums and Wiki. If you can't find what your looking for post a question in the forums or jump in chat and ask. Lots of friendly people here will answer your questions or point you in the right direction.

FYI - there are no dumb or silly questions here.

grahami2006

Full time elf
For some reason I can't seem to find the forums. Could be that I am new? Do I need to post a certain number?
Also can someone tell me if LOR post to Australia and if I need to convert their equipment to Australian power.
Sorry if this sounds dumb but I can't find the info on their site or maybe I have had too many birthdays.
Thanks
Graham

Robbo

Full time elf
yes LOR do post to Australia and no conversion is needed, except for a jumper setting which they will usually set before they ship, if LOR is what you are after, don't rush in just yet, explore your options a,d try take in as much as you can to make an informed decision, you've got a few months up your sleeve until December 2012 :)

Jump into chat sometime, there are always members available to answer any queries you may have....

link to chat http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/chat/index.php

as for the forums...this thread is in the forums, so you have already found them ;-)

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
Hi, and if u do order any 240v LOR controllers, its best to get them with out the lead sets, as they are somewhat heavy and cost a bit to ship. So its better to simply get some cheap extension leads from bunnings, and cut the male end off and wire it into the board. Saves a fair bit, if your handy with a screw driver, wire cutters and a soldering iron.
Cheers, have fun,
Luke 8)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
And if you need help, Bathurst is only 40 minutes away from here :)

You were not the guy who spent some time here recording my show were you? My wife spoke to you but I think I was doing Santa Pics that night.

grahami2006

Full time elf
lithgowlights said:
And if you need help, Bathurst is only 40 minutes away from here :)

You were not the guy who spent some time here recording my show were you? My wife spoke to you but I think I was doing Santa Pics that night.
No I wasn't the guy who looked at your lights however will have to make a time to have a talk. Am hoping to get to Canberra in Maech.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I'll be heading down there for sure in March. Just have to decide what I can and can not take with me lol

Send me a PM or drop by by site and send an email to organise a time to get together when it suits you...