New member saying Hello

Jetxena

New elf
Hi there all,

I am from Adelaide and have been slowly building my christmas light collection over the last ten years or so. Its now taken over my entire front yard in Prospect and the neighbours and visitors seem to like it. When I first started we had a few things on the verandah and we were the first in the street. We then just got a few things every year and now it takes me about 4 days to set up. This year we had 14 houses in the street with lights and at least one as lit up as we are. I think the kids love the interactive toys on the verandah and some of our teenage neighbours like it too as they have grown up with the lights getting bigger every year. I am pretty happy with it but now feel that its time to see if I can step up a bit and tackle animation to music.
I have always loved the animation to music displays but thought they were probably beyond me. But....I met a wonderful and really informative member of your collective at mawson lakes here in Adelaide and he has given me the inspiration to see if I can do this, not to mention telling me all about your site. So first of all thankyou for all the amazing downloads of information, I have some serious reading to do. I am not really sure where to start so I think I will do the ritual gather of information first and then that should lead me to a jumping off point. I am thinking I will start small and learn as I go. I have always aimed for the next year to be bigger and better and that hasnt changed so here's hoping I can absorb enough to really be bigger and better next year. Nice to meet you all.
Jeanette

i13

Dedicated elf
Hi and welcome to ACL from another relatively nearby South Australian.

You're on the right track starting with a year to learn and prepare. It is a big but worthwhile task. Adelaide usually has a mini (meet and greet) in the middle of each year. It gives us a chance to get together, learn from each other and you can build on your knowledge from the forums and chat.

I started in your position in 2013 without much background knowledge but the helpful members of this forum made the conversion to computer control possible.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome39.png