New project.

scamper

Dedicated elf
I have been pushing pixels and wiring for ages now and being we have a long weekend in WA, the minister of finance wanted to do some xmas work! So to keep her happy, she got to choose what I do o_O
Can you guess what she wants? (and therefore gets!)
4865-2313d180b38a99e41de100cb13bdca1b.jpg

Attachments

• small bits.jpg
    small bits.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 65

Boof63

Senior elf
swings seats for the little peoples (gnomes. fairies, small kids etc)
cheers Boof63

scamper

Dedicated elf
Yep, swinging carriages :)

Attachments

• ferris1.jpg
    ferris1.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ferris2.jpg
    ferris2.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 37

scamper

Dedicated elf
I haven't updated in a while, but it is still going ahead. All the carriages have now been painted, the wheel has also had a coat of paint and the frame has been built and undercoated. I am unsure of what to do next as I was going to put wheels on so I could move it around, but it seems almost pointless as it is so big that I cannot get it through my carport to get it out the front when assembled, So I have to assemble it in position.
I am still working on driving it, I have a motor, but am still deciding if I use my current axle I have or bite the bullet and get a better axle with bearings etc and drive sprocket. I also need to add the lights which are ready to go complete with slip ring, but again the axle dilemma.
I am also somewhat slowed as I have been trying to finish the train from last year. 1 weekend off would be useful but that is looking like it's not going to be this weekend.

Attachments

• ferris colour.jpg
    ferris colour.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 25

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Looks great I like the bright colors
Will be nice to see it come together .
Well done mate

the grinch

Oh and yes scamp my lovely wife decided earlier this year wants a merry go round or carousel type thingy ! Luckily for me she hasnt mentioned for sometime now due to making lots of other new things for display . So don't think will happen this year ive been hunting and gathering for a while now and have sourced bits and pieces seen the slip rings I want on ebay . Mostly built in my brain and the rest will come together I reckon once start building and like your ferris wheel I need to be able to dismantle and flatpack for storage ! So am very keen to see the mechanics of you're build understand that ferris wheel and carousels are different but will be similar features .
Once again mate great work

scamper

Dedicated elf
I wish it was a carousel now... I went too far when I started building without thinking about the final size.
My missus was the one that wanted this, but at this time of the year I keep getting more and more requests. I had to stop work in the shed so I could build a bench for the train she has in her "santa's workshop" then a few days later, it's down to build shelves for all her trinkets in her "Mrs Claus room"
Then while she was up the workshop yesterday watching me work on the train she comes out with "you haven't done the see saw yet" Like really?????
Oh what a wonderful time of year :confused:

the grinch

Haha just about wet my pants laughing ! Seems im not the only one with a crazy xmas wife ! No direspect too our ladies but yes I hear ya !
One of my good neighbors and friend david godbless him . His way of life is so different to ours he has no tools will not buy as means work has whipper snipper lawnmower and basic gardening tools and thats it ! keeps gardens nice well i used to criticise him jokingly of course . But i now know whos the smart one as we have shown weakness and seems more we do the more is expected from us !
Goodluck my friend
I feel your pain lol
Ohoh here she comes back to work for me lol