New release, 3.4.24. New feature, Views

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Release 3.4.24
----------------

Dave Pitts has a added a neat feature, views.
Problem: You have 30-40 columns, one for each model. You are scrolling right to left modifying effects
Solution: Views. Views allow you to pick a subset of models that you want to work on. Give it a name. Now when you open a sequence, apply the view. Only those models in your view will show
Question: Does this affect the save process? Answer: No. Even though you view may show 5 of the 50 columns you have, when you press save all 50 will be saved.

oct28c.PNG

oct28d.PNG

Dan Kulp has added a feature to the Star Model.
If your star is in concentric rings (30,20,10) (50,30,20) , you can specify these when creating the model.

oct28a.PNG

I have increased the maximum size of a custom model from 300x300 to 1000x1000
oct28b.PNG

Finally, Don Julien continues to improve the Papagayo effects

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES:
=================================
3.4.24 Oct 28, 2014
-enh (dpitts) New feature to allow creating views. A view is a collection of models. When you select a view it acts
like a filter and only shows you the models contained in your view.
-enh (dkulp) Star model can now have multiple star size “layers” to model exploding star type things
Example: a 100 node star may have 50 for the outer layer, 30 for the middle, 20 for the inner.
-bug (djulien) Fixed multi-cell morph (caused Papagayo flicker), avoid error if try to save file with no pgo data
-enh (sean) Increased custom model from 300x300 to 1000x1000

richardd

Full time elf
Hi Sean,

I want again to say thank you to you an you team for all the hard work you done with nutcracker.

I was wondering if you could add the following enhancement. Is it possible to lock cells so they do not change when you select create random effect. I really like using the random effect and it great for coming up with combination I would have not thought about but don't want lose the ones I like if I want to hit the button again.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I am pretty sure that there is a function in there to lock a cell. It might be a right click option.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
richardd said:
Hi Sean,

I want again to say thank you to you an you team for all the hard work you done with nutcracker.

I was wondering if you could add the following enhancement. Is it possible to lock cells so they do not change when you select create random effect. I really like using the random effect and it great for coming up with combination I would have not thought about but don't want lose the ones I like if I want to hit the button again.

It is already there. Highlight a block of cells , right click, protect. Now, next time u press "create random effects", only unprotected cells are touched. Also look at some of the other right click options. I like to take content of a cell and paste it across all the other models on the same row

arw01

Full time elf
Sean I know you posted the other day about the xtaps and included it. But how about including that in with the preview function as a button that would add a row as the song played along.

E.g. you could listen to the song in preview, click add a row, and it would pop a new into the grid with that timing that the play timer was at?