New to RGB - looking for pixels and sandevices for 2015

drums114

New elf
Hi I am new to RGB - looking for pixels and sandevices for 2015. Where and when is the best time to by a Sandevices controller and best time for pixels?

Habbosrus

Back again
Welcome to ACL. Jim from Sandevices will be happy to take your money any time you want to hand it over. Do some more research before committing to buy. You may buy an E6804 and find out you're better off with a E682 or vice versa. Same with pixels. Do some research, make a plan and then buy what you need. You will get better/faster service if ordering pixels early in the new year. There are plenty of options for controllers and pixels alike. I am very happy with my 3 x E6804's but I recently purchased a Pixlite 4 from Advatek and am very impressed with it (and the great service).
Ask a bunch of questions and then ask some more. Drop into chat too.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, at this time of the year there is no rush because as long as you order before june/July then you will have no issues.

drums114

New elf
Thanks - so Sandevices don't go on sale but what is a good deal on pixels? Like how much per pixel is a good deal?

ecbailey

Full time elf
I've had the most luck with Advatek controllers, however I haven't tried Sandevices to compare. Software is easy and there is local support and documentation as well.

Generally the prices don't change, unless your looking at LOR as they have a sale every so often.

Rays prices are reasonable in my view, however there are a lot of differently priced, but seemingly similar pixels. Cheaper can be cheaper for a reason (not properly water proofed, for example). He has a large range of individual nodes, as well as strips, modules and other pixel bits.

Ray: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799