new to site

calypso11

New elf
i just wanted to say hello to everyone , last year was my first year doing lights and started with 64 lor channel now going to really challenge myself with alot of rgb but not savy with programming but i am a fast learner , thanks in advance for your help and looking forward to learning thanks dan

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL. That must have been a pretty nice show with 64 channels. I'm assuming that they were AC controllers. Anyway, believe it or not it gets cheaper from here. Check out the wiki posts and read, read, and read some more. Look at upgrading to LOR S3 or other software out there. It can become confusing, but there are a lot of people here to help anytime you need it. Stop by the chat room and say hi. Again, Welcome to ACL

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Dan

Sounds like your off to a good start with last year's display.
Have any videos?
If you haven't found it yet the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource for all things RGB and more.

FYI, your location indicates lake villa , il ... while the map shows you in Oklahoma :)

calypso11

New elf
i did only 2 videos on my iphone , its been hectic with a 8 month old newborn and now addicted to these lights lol , i did buy a bunch of rgb from ray and 1 e682 controller but thinking i will need 3 more and getting 2 more lor's then i need to slow down before wife gets mad and plus im trying to do halloween this year

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Welcome, Last year was my first year as well, Dont worry, you will get your head around RGB faster then you think.
Plenty of people here with a wealth of knowledge to help

MacThomas76

Animated Shows since 2012
Welcome to ACL, Dan! You're going from 64 to 96 channels, and trying to do halloween this year?! That will definitely keep you busy. I started with animated shows last year, 9500 lights 64 channels LOR. I'm upgrading to 45000 lights and 368 channels LOR. I'll be busy all year building and sequencing. I've been told "good thing you're not married...or you'd never get away with it". LOL Best of luck to you and glad you could join us! These guys are great.

-Thomas

noelb

New elf
Welcome - and have fun!

"good thing you're not married...or you'd never get away with it".
Well, this is my fifth year - and the wife has finally been bitten. This year's budget is bigger than ever, and she was disappointed last year when one feature did not work out as planned, so I get to fix that too. It took her a while, but guess I got lucky.