New to this Forum

cdog46

New elf
Hello Everyone-
I am new to this forum & am extremely impressed by the amount of good information provided here. I am not new to electronics as I have been an electronic tech during much of my working career. So electronics is not a mystery. Software is-however!
To me-the newest thing inteligent RGB pixels is the really exciting part of this hobby. I would not have a clue how people do those beautiful incadescent Christmas displays. I think they are done a lot by sequencing software.

I just finished building the kit Sandevice El682 controller. I am going to hook it up to my computer & see what happens! Am still waiting for some 2801 rgb pixels from ray wu. Then the sky is the limit. I live in Southern Maine USA- There are 2 seasons in Maine-July & the rest of the year.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, glad you find the forum informative, feel free to ask what you need or to jump into the chat room, lots of great guys there

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

Lots of friendly folks here will be glad to help you light the seasons with lots of blinkyness.

WARNING:
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

If you havn't found it yet the AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource.

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome to the ACL forum.
Being from upstate NY myself, I understand your comment about 2 seasons all too well!!
We have winter and road construction here - LOL.
You will be hard pressed to find a better source for information on RGB stuff than here.
Do you have any program for sequencing in mind yet for your lights or do you use anything now for a display? There are a few good programs out there to use with RGB as well as LEDs and incandescent lights too. Also many things in the works for the future of this wild and exciting hobby.
Feel free to ask away and you will get help on pretty much any aspect of things that you can think of.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL. There are a lot of friendly people here ready to help if you need it. Jump into the chat room anytime and let us know how you are doing, or ask questions.