New User from Adelaide

Lindnerlights

New elf
Hi All.

I'm a new user just starting out searching for info to take our christmas display to the next level.

My father, brother in law and I have been doing it for about 10 years usually with about 80+ sets of lights and feel its time to take it up a level.

My father and brother in law are electricians and I am in IT so we should have half an idea.

Look forward to picking some brains.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome3.gif

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Welcome to the forums. Ahhh, Adelaide, My home, Only wish i could move back there soon. Hope you live near the other Adeladions from the forum, because they are a wealth of knowledge for you.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL all 3 of you

A lot of info on the forums and the Wiki.
Can't find what your looking for, hop into chat and ask. You will get a driect answer or a link to where the answer is.
Lots of friendly people here gald to help you out.

If you haven't seen it yet, your best starting place is The AusChristmasLighting 101 manual
and the madness beings :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, looks like you have the team to make magic as you guys already know the fundamentals and theories. As bird below has pointed out, start with the ACL lighting 101 manual which should help you get up to speed, feel free to ask questions and pop into the chat room

All the best with it

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Giday Lindnerlights, this is great forum, with people willing to help. Sounds like your way ahead of me with a team like that. The chat room is a very handy place to solve problems and talk about ideas. Welcome abord

Boof63

Senior elf
welcome to ACL, the guys here are all great and any question will get a prompt reply for numerous members. so read on and enjoy.

cheers Boof63 :D :D :D :D :D :D

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Anouther Person from South Aust, Cool adelaide can allways do with more lights
jump into chat any time me or someone else will say hi to ya, an to help make the first step the easyest.
Theres No such thing as a 'Dumb' Question, cause someone else could be thinking the same thing.
So welcome to ACL an Computerised lighting
Alec

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Hi there,

It is great that so many people around Adelaide (and too regional areas of SA) are looking at getting into the computerised display gig.

May I ask what part of Adelaide you run the display from? There are a number of displays up in the north and a couple in the East. I'm not sure of any out in the West or down South, though.

There is a planned "get together" with some learning elements (dubbed a Mini) in June at a venue in Regency Park. You can have a read about it on the wiki and express your interest in attending in the discussion topic.