New Virtual Santa Coming Soon

MarcD

Full time elf
I downloaded some of Jon Hyers Halloween videos on the weekend and they didn't work. When I wrote to them, Jon Hyers himself got back to me almost immediately and we started a discussion about virtual Santa. They will commence filming a whole new video in 9 days time. The new version will be in HD and will include a whole range of new scenes with a new Santa, Mrs. Claus and elves. It will be his biggest project ever.

There are also plans to all custom videos to be made. Film yourself and your family and send him the video. They will incorporate Santa using green screen and send you back the video. That would be cool.

No word on release date, but I assume it will be before Christmas. The new HD virtual Santa will be more expensive, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That sounds awesome. I would've been using the same virtual Santa three years running so it would be brilliant to get a new version.

livetoride

Full time elf
Ahh shucks I not long ago purchased the carolers and Santa and sleigh etc, looking forward to the new ones sounds interesting. They may be pushing to get them out before Christmas but who knows!

MarcD

Full time elf
thecrazylightlady said:
that would be so cool. im using virtual santa for the first time this year, im pretty excited to see the look on kids faces when they see him in my house

You'll find that virtual Santa will be the most popular thing in your display.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
MarcD said:
thecrazylightlady said:
that would be so cool. im using virtual santa for the first time this year, im pretty excited to see the look on kids faces when they see him in my house

You'll find that virtual Santa will be the most popular thing in your display.
I agree, forget the lights and all the bling the virtual Santa will be the biggest hit which I discovered last year with my sister in laws house. I did her house in pixels which was a hit but 4 days before Christmas I added a virtual Santa and after that it seemed like it was the only thing that most noticed and it also got the biggest reaction from the young kids when they thought Santa was inside

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Is this the same place as ChristmasLightShow?

I emailed them to ask when new one was going to be released, he said its going into production next year.

MarcD

Full time elf
ShellNZ said:
Is this the same place as ChristmasLightShow?

I emailed them to ask when new one was going to be released, he said its going into production next year.

ChristmasLightShow is a reseller for Jon Hyers videos.

MarcD

Full time elf
I sent an e-mail to Jon Hyers wishing him luck with the shoot. He replied from the set saying they start shooting in 25 hours and that he hopes to have added the special effects and have something ready by the end of November. The good part about virtual Santa video's is that they're easy to swap out on the fly. No programming or anything complicated. Just download, plug in and play.

arw01

Full time elf
I was thinking I would have to buy a flatscreen about the size of a bedroom window to do a virtual santa as I cannot get the unoccupied space for a few more years for the projector.

MarcD

Full time elf
arw01 said:
I was thinking I would have to buy a flatscreen about the size of a bedroom window to do a virtual santa as I cannot get the unoccupied space for a few more years for the projector.

It depends on what you mean by unoccupied. We have virtual Santa set up in our master bedroom at the foot of our bed. The projector and cheap DVD player sit on an old bedside table which is dismantled and stored under the bed most of the year. Each night, we move the table into position, plug it in and fire it up. We then make some minor adjustments to make sure it's centred, then close the bedroom door and leave it until we turn the lights off.

The table then gets moved into a corner of the room out of the way. We repeat that process each night. It only takes a few minutes to set up and put away each night. I guess if your street-facing room is a kids bedroom, that might be an issue.

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
thats how ill be doing mine this year MarcD, very easy, going to have a powerpoint presentation going in between each screening of Virtual Santa as well with times my lights turn on etc. Keep us informed as i would be interested in the new video